1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP CommandoFans.com, life isn't the same without you :monkey2

Howard, if you don't make a Bennett figure I will find you and destroy you.

Its funny how anytime anytime hot toys or sideshow makes a classic figure, then neca and a few other company's start making the same figures, even when no one touched the license in 30 years:lol

commando-o.gif

Its funny how anytime anytime hot toys or sideshow makes a classic figure, then neca and a few other company's start making the same figures, even when no one touched the license in 30 years:lol

True but where's the Hot Toys Rambos, Rockys and Batman Returns, which NECA have been making.

commando-o.gif

You answered your own question there. It's the 30th Anniversary and you know NECA loves those. Plus couple this with the success of their Dutch figures, it was a no brainer they'd shoot to release a Matrix for the 30th event. I'm sure Hot Toys had a similar idea about the anniversary. I chalk this one up to coincidence. Keep in mind, both companies had to be developing their respective figures for at least a little while.

Also, bonus points for the GIF, which I feel is the way 99% of us will display our Matrix figures. :yess:

True but where's the Hot Toys Rambos, Rockys and Batman Returns, which NECA have been making.

Maybe I got it all wrong, my main focus is 1/6 scale and after a figure is shown by hot toys or the like I guess I tend to start noticing the same figure in other scales, seem to see a lot of that from the Funko company mostly with there re-action line and NECA, I guess its just a coincidence.

FNK11735.jpg

You answered your own question there. It's the 30th Anniversary and you know NECA loves those. Plus couple this with the success of their Dutch figures, it was a no brainer they'd shoot to release a Matrix for the 30th event. I'm sure Hot Toys had a similar idea about the anniversary. I chalk this one up to coincidence. Keep in mind, both companies had to be developing their respective figures for at least a little while.

Also, bonus points for the GIF, which I feel is the way 99% of us will display our Matrix figures. :yess:

All good, not complaining as I will be getting the NECA versions of Commando along with the Hot Toys one, I do cherry pick a couple of Neca's figures now and then, couple of dutchs, terminators, and robocops usually.

I don't know how it goes really but it may not have been the case that HT and NECA sought the Commando license so much as it was offered up/suggested at this particular time and they both said ''hmmm, yeah OK, it's Arnold, that'll sell''

What makes me think that is that apparently the Star Trek license was put on the table for Hot Toys and they turned it down because Chan has no interest. So maybe it's not always a case of toy companies going after licenses so much as licenses going after toy companies.

Last edited:
Oh god as a kid Commando was my favorite arnold movie, watched a million times. I saw predator much later and far less times.

Commando is my 6 yr old sons favorite movie, he watches it About once a week
I'm so sick of it at this point, but it's still a fav of mine

Back