1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that a Dutch has to be next. Hot Toys loves having an Arnold in the pipeline and unless they jump on a Genisys T-800, I can't see any other Arnold being more attractive for them than Dutch.

Likely the next will be T-800 from Genesys, than Conan after that a Dutch 2.0 is Likely to happen.

I still think there first version Holds up pretty well considering its about 6 years old now.

16090962303_6defd6011c_b.jpg

Likely the next will be T-800 from Genesys, than Conan after that a Dutch 2.0 is Likely to happen.

I still think there first version Holds up pretty well considering its about 6 years old now.

They can make him.......better!!!! I would definitely PO a Dutch 2.0 or Jungle Hunter 2.0[emoji3] [emoji3]

Excellent shot Pete.

Thanks Keith:hi5:

They can make him.......better!!!! I would definitely PO a Dutch 2.0 or Jungle Hunter 2.0[emoji3] [emoji3]

They can make a better version for sure and will eventually.

i dont know it kinda looks like a GI JOE to me :lol it def could be improved upon with a 2.0

I see Arnold, but yeah it can certainly be improved upon with a 2.0 and I would buy it if they made one but I still think its going to be a couple of years before they get to it.

I used to like the Dutch sculpt but over the years it started looking less and less like Arnold to me. I saw a pic with the camo removed and that really showed that there is a ton of room for improvement. Hopefully the new Dutch will be sculpted by the same guy who did this John Matrix because it is looking great.

Agreed. As others said, they have improved since and could of course do better today, but I don't know if dated is the best word for him. He does still hold his own in comparison to today's standard.

The only thing that stopped me from grabbing this over the years was the confidence that a 2.0 is happening; not because I don't think it looks great.

Dated or not, that figure still kicks Sideshow Drake and Sideshow Snake in the nuts....

.... hard.

Although I don't completely hate Snake

Great pic, Skull. :clap Dated or not, that figure still kicks Sideshow Drake and Sideshow Snake in the nuts.

Thanks man, yeah Dutch is still pretty awesome considering it is 6 years old and still better then some stuff coming out today. Dutch was also my first Hot Toys figure and what brought me back to collecting again:)

Agreed. As others said, they have improved since and could of course do better today, but I don't know if dated is the best word for him. He does still hold his own in comparison to today's standard.

The only thing that stopped me from grabbing this over the years was the confidence that a 2.0 is happening; not because I don't think it looks great.

Yeah not so much dated but could benefit from a redo, better sculpt and matrix body, more accurate gear like the correct handgun(desert eagle) corrected height and maybe cloth boots with a diorama base. Not into the PERS so please don't ask for a DX:pfft:

All that said I'm much more excited to be getting this Matrix, that has been my most wanted figure for years, after that I could get into a Conan for sure!!

Is it strange that the pre-order I'm waiting for the most this year is my cheapest? :clap

Was looking at Predator Dutch on ebay and amazon yesterday. Man, now that I have BD Terminator I'd really love the three, but it's all too much money for me for a dated 1:6... I suppose if you were resourceful enough it wouldn't be too hard to mod the John Matrix into Dutch, lol..

Why does everyone think there will be a conan? HT has never shown any interest in that character/license. As much as i'd like a war paint conan in 1/6 scale its not going to happen.

Why does everyone think there will be a conan? HT has never shown any interest in that character/license. As much as i'd like a war paint conan in 1/6 scale its not going to happen.

Well Hot Toys had a poll up a few years back asking collectors what Arnold figure people want next, Commando won but Conan came in second.

Sort of debating getting this figure still. Not a huge fan of the film but I love Schwarzenegger and think this looks pretty awesome. Plus its fairly loaded with accessories and I think using a coupon to knock it down to $230 before shipping is a decent deal.

Back