1/6 Hot Toys - MMS176 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Loki Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but you've got him on order and so he is guaranteed to you.

This is the magical piece of information I was hoping for. As I said, I don't mind waiting, but I've seen this same figure listed on other sites for anywhere from $300 to $500 so I have a minor panic attack at the idea that I might miss out on this one and thus never be able to get it. The spouse okayed a $220 purchase (with much eye rolling and a bit of face palming, of course), but there's no way this side of Asgard that he's going to be okay with me shelling out $500 for a 'toy'.

So *I* WILL get it when SideShow gets it, yes? GUARANTEED, yes?

Now I can relax, albeit anxiously:)

Thanks so much!

T

Okay, I know *nothing* about this kind of collectible (most of my action figures are of the slightly more affordable variety), so bear with me if I'm asking something stupid.

I ordered the Loki figure from SideShow yesterday afternoon. It was purely coincidental that I ordered it then. I've wanted it forever, but the pricetag was just way out of comfort zone. Without boring you with all the details, I got the green light from my husband so I went ahead and completed my purchase.

I have an order ID that begins with a 'T', which, I guess is promising? And the listing said 'Item Status: Preorder, Est Ship Date: May 2013'. At the time it said less than 30 remaining.

Since I placed my order, I've read comments about people preordering like a year ago and still not having recieved their figure. And then I see comments from today that the figure is actually sold out though the listing still says 'preorder' 'May 2013'.

So, am I actually going to get one? Like, in May, will they actually ship me a Loki or will I still be sitting her six months from now wondering if they're ever going to send it?

I am perfectly okay with a 3-4 week wait if I can reasonably expect to actually *get* one at the end of that, but the uncertainty WILL KILL ME until I know for sure that I'll get my God of Mischief delivered to my door sometime in May.

Thanks for any help you can provide a newbie.

Thanks!

T

It's just the way HT works. They show a prototype with a estimated ship date that is usually 6 to 9 months away and then you place your order and wait and wait and wait and...........
Loki was supposed to have shipped in February but was delayed and is now finally coming out in May. You are safe and have nothing to worry about, you have your order in.
We all should have him in hand sometime next month. Just a warning this is a very addicting hobby.

:welcome1:

Okay, I know *nothing* about this kind of collectible (most of my action figures are of the slightly more affordable variety), so bear with me if I'm asking something stupid.

I ordered the Loki figure from SideShow yesterday afternoon. It was purely coincidental that I ordered it then. I've wanted it forever, but the pricetag was just way out of comfort zone. Without boring you with all the details, I got the green light from my husband so I went ahead and completed my purchase.

Congrats if this is your first High end 1/6 scale purchase! :clap:hi5:

I have an order ID that begins with a 'T', which, I guess is promising? And the listing said 'Item Status: Preorder, Est Ship Date: May 2013'. At the time it said less than 30 remaining.
All Sideshow order numbers start with 'T' unless you order a waitlisted item which that will start with 'W'. You're fine. You've got your PO in :)

Since I placed my order, I've read comments about people preordering like a year ago and still not having recieved their figure. And then I see comments from today that the figure is actually sold out though the listing still says 'preorder' 'May 2013'.
Sideshow occasionally put on the product page "Act fast! Less than___ remain" or something to that extent. So eventually it sold out but I'm willing to be either SS put in an order with HT for more or ppl started canceling. Either way, that doesn't effect you as you got your order in

So, am I actually going to get one? Like, in May, will they actually ship me a Loki or will I still be sitting her six months from now wondering if they're ever going to send it?

I am perfectly okay with a 3-4 week wait if I can reasonably expect to actually *get* one at the end of that, but the uncertainty WILL KILL ME until I know for sure that I'll get my God of Mischief delivered to my door sometime in May.

Thanks for any help you can provide a newbie.

Thanks!

T
You'll get your figure. You'll mostly likely get an email from SS (along with everyone else who ordered) stating that the item is expected to arrive in ___ days. Usually when a figure is released in HK, that means we have about a month before it arrives here stateside.

I hope I didn't confuse you more :lol

oh and :welcome1:

Congrats if this is your first High end 1/6 scale purchase! :clap:hi5:

I hope I didn't confuse you more :lol

oh and :welcome1:

Yes, this is my first high end purchase. I do have a bunch of mass produced action figures (every Loki I can get my hands on, for instance:), but this is the first time I've ever put THAT much money into one (and to think, a week ago I couldn't bring myself to shell out for the $80 Marvel Select version).

I am not at all confused now (I totally was before:) so thanks for taking the time to catch me up. I am *terribly* excited:)

Thank you!

T

Just a warning this is a very addicting hobby.

:welcome1:

Oh, I am *SO* not telling my husband that! Lol. I did mention tonight that I thought it was a shame that Loki wouldn't have his brother here to keep him company:)

Thanks!

T

Oh, I am *SO* not telling my husband that! Lol. I did mention tonight that I thought it was a shame that Loki wouldn't have his brother here to keep him company:)

Heh, now that Thor is out and Loki is hopefully coming soon, I've been sorely tempted to get the HT Odin as well.. So yeah, it's very addictive! :wink1:

When you say that it's been sold out six times already, what does that mean? It hadn't even technically been released until very recently, right?

High end collectibles are just a whole new world for me, still need to get the hang of the vernacular:)

Thanks!

T

When you say that it's been sold out six times already, what does that mean? It hadn't even technically been released until very recently, right?

High end collectibles are just a whole new world for me, still need to get the hang of the vernacular:)

Thanks!

T
That's quite understandable. Welcome to the forums! :welcome1:

I mean "Sold Out" as in the inventory count reached the point where it says "Checking Inventory"
Meaning it reached 0 in their inventory count but Hot Toys increased the production amount for this figure so everything it "sells out" they made it available for sell again. It sold out today but a couple of hours later after SSC checked their inventory, they made it open for sell again because they still have more to sell.

526565_238302719641026_179931725_n.jpg

Congrats Tom! You definitely deserved it! :hi5:

Heh, now that Thor is out and Loki is hopefully coming soon, I've been sorely tempted to get the HT Odin as well.. So yeah, it's very addictive! :wink1:

Definitely get Odin too. He's a wonderful figure.... See my gallery for incentive!

ODIN%2520259.JPG

https://picasaweb.google.com/VikingSpawn/ODIN#

And welcome to the forum/madness Tallulah99! I'm sure Loki will be worth your purchase! :wave

Congrats Tom! You definitely deserved it! :hi5:

Definitely get Odin too. He's a wonderful figure.... See my gallery for incentive!

ODIN%2520259.JPG

https://picasaweb.google.com/VikingSpawn/ODIN#

And welcome to the forum/madness Tallulah99! I'm sure Loki will be worth your purchase! :wave

you have opened this forum and innocent lives to horror and desolation of WAR!
you are unworthy of this forum
i now take from you your posting power
in the name of my father and his father before
I MIX MASTER
CAST YOU OUT

Fantastic photos! Now I'm even more determined to get him!

OhYes_zps3578e7a2.gif

I MIX MASTER
CAST YOU OUT

:lol

I MIX MASTER
CAST YOU OUT

:lol

I think it's supposed to be:

"I now take from you your POST COUNT!"

Oh my goodness, ABC express have Loki again in their site, but they are asking for him 280usd + shipping, can't believe the price, I PO him with them in may of the last year and it was 188usd + shipping :/ :/

Back