1/6 Hot Toys - MMS176 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Loki Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i have two on order. should i give up the second one (i don't want him), or hold onto him to pass on to whoever missed the boat. (not to gouge ~ just for the price of shipping).

don't know what the proper etiquette is here. let the wait-listers take their chances?

Having two would only be evil if you are planning on scalping.

This figure has been sold out a few times now. I am thinking he may be down for the count this time. People have had a year[!] to order him, those who truly want him have probably got him by now.

well i have two on order. should i give up the second one (i don't want him), or hold onto him to pass on to whoever missed the boat. (not to gouge ~ just for the price of shipping).

don't know what the proper etiquette is here. let the wait-listers take their chances?

Holding on to it doesn't mean you must command scalper prices later on, trade bait is fair enough.

Hmpph.

Well, it looks like my local comic store will be getting more of my business it seems.

Last edited:
If only I'd been collecting this stuff 10 months ago...

Yeah, just started adding collectibles/statues to my comic orders a few months ago, and a search for more info led me here. I didn't know these existed. Glad I checked back, came back into stock and I got to use the discount code, woohoo!

And I think I'm still giving my local business the go ahead. I just don't want this figure that bad, despite its apparent awesomeness.

If the opportunity presents itself and I have the cash, I'll pull the trigger then. If I miss out--so be it.

Yeah, just started adding collectibles/statues to my comic orders a few months ago, and a search for more info led me here. I didn't know these existed. Glad I checked back, came back into stock and I got to use the discount code, woohoo!
Congrats on snagging one.

I would say that if I had been into collecting 1/6 stuff a year back, I would have pre-ordered a lot more stuff, most likely including Loki.

Okay, I know *nothing* about this kind of collectible (most of my action figures are of the slightly more affordable variety), so bear with me if I'm asking something stupid.

I ordered the Loki figure from SideShow yesterday afternoon. It was purely coincidental that I ordered it then. I've wanted it forever, but the pricetag was just way out of comfort zone. Without boring you with all the details, I got the green light from my husband so I went ahead and completed my purchase.

I have an order ID that begins with a 'T', which, I guess is promising? And the listing said 'Item Status: Preorder, Est Ship Date: May 2013'. At the time it said less than 30 remaining.

Since I placed my order, I've read comments about people preordering like a year ago and still not having recieved their figure. And then I see comments from today that the figure is actually sold out though the listing still says 'preorder' 'May 2013'.

So, am I actually going to get one? Like, in May, will they actually ship me a Loki or will I still be sitting her six months from now wondering if they're ever going to send it?

I am perfectly okay with a 3-4 week wait if I can reasonably expect to actually *get* one at the end of that, but the uncertainty WILL KILL ME until I know for sure that I'll get my God of Mischief delivered to my door sometime in May.

Thanks for any help you can provide a newbie.

Thanks!

T

not a stupid question.

this is how it works: loki is just now barely being released even though he's been in production and available for pre-order for over a year now.

when sideshow receives their distribution shipment in may, you will be charged for him and he will be shipped to you. but we're at the whims of customs and sideshow's own shipping practices. so it could be anywhere from 4-6 weeks from now before you get him in hand.

but you've got him on order and so he is guaranteed to you.

make sense?

Back