1/6 Hot Toys - MMS176 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Loki Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS176 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Loki -MOVIE SPOILERS!

Or in an ideal world maybe one head with the helmet as a part of it, and one without.

Yeah. That's exactly what i meant in my post above.
They already had the headsculpt. You could have dremelled away most of the hair and sculpted a tight fitting properly sized helmet over the reduced head.
It's not a deal breaker for anyone.
And i wasn't planning on buying it regardless, but everytime someone links to the pics of him wearing the helmet, i just see how big it is, lol.
:rotfl

Yeah. That's exactly what i meant in my post above.
They already had the headsculpt. You could have dremelled away most of the hair and sculpted a tight fitting properly sized helmet over the reduced head.
It's not a deal breaker for anyone.
And i wasn't planning on buying it regardless, but everytime someone links to the pics of him wearing the helmet, i just see how big it is, lol.
:rotfl
That would be awesome, but it's too late for that, perhaps we can get that for Thor 2 movie.

I think it looks fine and a cool feature the way it is. Its looks a lot more in proportion than most figures I've seen.

I would put this in the category that I call "luxury worries" Yes it may be a fraction off, yes it may mean that the helm is off because of it. But compared to all the crap that's wrong with a lot of other figures, I'd say this one is definitely minor.

Having said that of course...if all the rest is more-or-less OK, then "luxury worries" are the ones to have! :)

It would be easy to do.
Pick up a spare head sculpt, dremel off the hair and sculpt a new helmet.
Dead simple.

Sculpting a new helmet would be "dead simple"? Have you ever even tried to sculpt anything, lol? Much less something geometric?

I hereby throw down the gauntlet and invite you to do this and then post pix. :snake Me, I will enjoy this figure as-is. His head looks fine to me.

Sculpting a new helmet would be "dead simple"? Have you ever even tried to sculpt anything, lol? Much less something geometric?

Lol. I knew someone with Loki as their avatar would take extreme offense at my post. Just don't panic. I am not striking down Loki and all he stands for. Just saying the helmet could have been better.
I have done a few sculptures in my time.
It's pretty easy. I'm sure i'll manage.
What do i get when i have done it? :)

Kaminoan.jpg

theterminator.jpg

theterminator1.jpg

WattoandSithyoda.jpg
maulandJedimasterGeneeraal.jpg

CIMG1703.jpg
CIMG1698.jpg

hanincarbonite10.jpg

hanincarbonite16.jpg

Nice.

When you get that linear helmet done in perfect size and proportion, I'll be interested to see it. It also has a heavy Art Noveau influence, long recognized as one of the most difficult styles to work in. Its difficult even in two dimensions, and I speak from experience.

That's not "taking offense," that's an acknowlegement that recreating this thing is going to be a considerable feat on your part. Should be interesting.

Lol. I knew someone with Loki as their avatar would take extreme offense at my post. Just don't panic. I am not striking down Loki and all he stands for. Just saying the helmet could have been better.
I have done a few sculptures in my time.
It's pretty easy. I'm sure i'll manage.
What do i get when i have done it? :)

Kaminoan.jpg

theterminator.jpg

theterminator1.jpg

WattoandSithyoda.jpg
maulandJedimasterGeneeraal.jpg

CIMG1703.jpg
CIMG1698.jpg
Wow! Amazing! I wish I could do that! that Watto looks great! congrats!! :goodpost::goodpost:

Nice.

When you get that linear helmet done in perfect size and proportion, I'll be interested to see it. It also has a heavy Art Noveau influence, long recognized as one of the most difficult styles to work in. Its difficult even in two dimensions, and I speak from experience.

That's not "taking offense," that's an acknowlegement that recreating this thing is going to be a considerable feat on your part. Should be interesting.

I know. I was just messing with you.
I only started sculpting to see if it could. I have no formal training. But as regards symmetry, there's nothing that says you can't use guides and formers made of styrene.
As I said above, I will not be picking up Loki, so it's not actually an issue for me.
And thanks for all the comments guys. I'm nothing but an amateur when it comes to sculpting.

Amateur? Your work could have fooled me! You definitely have some talent! :rock

Amateur? Your work could have fooled me! You definitely have some talent! :rock

Thanks a lot.
I just took it up to see if i could do it.
I am mainly a model kit pattern maker as a hobby.
I'm sure the arguement could be made that anyone could do it if they tried.

Thanks a lot.
I just took it up to see if i could do it.
I am mainly a model kit pattern maker as a hobby.
I'm sure the arguement could be made that anyone could do it if they tried.

Everything you do? Unlikely.

tumblr_m7nar478mq1qhqoaf.gif

Bumping this thread up as it's too good a figure to drop into obscurity this early. :D

@username What is that Venom-looking sculpt? Reminds me of the newer comic Venom and those aliens from Fire in the Sky,mixed with some other being that haunts my dreams from time to time lol.
Anyways great work yo!

Back