1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To create the perspective effect, the tentacles would need to become thinner as they get close to the base. Even if mounted on a wall, the base will never give you a perspective look.

To create the perspective effect, the tentacles would need to become thinner as they get close to the base. Even if mounted on a wall, the base will never give you a perspective look.

That's true. Its a greatly detailed stand from a moment that never happened. Not sure why everyone is so excited by it -- its "Special Edition" stuff to boot.

I'll be getting the regular -- and a loose tentacle hopefully to use as a Dianoga for the Luketrooper I don't have yet.

Great video BTW! :clap

Last edited:
I think I decided on the regular. Boba will be displayed with Vader and the five troopers I have on my "Imperial" shelf. Would look odd to have the Sarlacc displayed with them.

I think I decided on the regular. Boba will be displayed with Vader and the five troopers I have on my "Imperial" shelf. Would look odd to have the Sarlacc displayed with them.

Buy deluxe version and sell that Sarlacc stand on ebay for some extra bucks :)

He looks fantastic with that stand.

11926471_10153372683232344_2856256169563107369_o.jpg

Buy deluxe version and sell that Sarlacc stand on ebay for some extra bucks :)

Sorry if it's a dumb question. Is this hot toys boba that much better than the SSC Boba? I have the sideshow but am thinking of getting the Hot Toys version. Thanks to all in advance for the advice/ Help.

I'm sure its only matter of Time someone does the sarlac justice and adds a ton of sand around the pit for Boba Fett. Perfect figure dio for outside play n pic's dig a hole add sand and have fun walking the plank Luke.:lol

Sorry if it's a dumb question. Is this hot toys boba that much better than the SSC Boba? I have the sideshow but am thinking of getting the Hot Toys version. Thanks to all in advance for the advice/ Help.

i sold my sideshow boba and am impatient to get this one: The paint job is MUCH better. I'm 100% sure the body will be way more poseable that the sideshow. I also hope the back pad holds with a magnet and not just some crappy hooks like the sideshow version. And finally , I like the color scheme of ROTJ better than ESB

i sold my sideshow boba and am impatient to get this one: The paint job is MUCH better. I'm 100% sure the body will be way more poseable that the sideshow. I also hope the back pad holds with a magnet and not just some crappy hooks like the sideshow version. And finally , I like the color scheme of ROTJ better than ESB

Back pack hangs by a couple clips. No magnets.

Agreed about the magnetic packs. Love that feature.

Odd choice, especially considering it comes with the dynamic stand where you can pose him flying. If you pose him leaning back slightly the jet pack is going to hang away from his body at the bottom. Won't be an issue for me because Boba's only going to be in stoic poses. I'll probably take the sarlaac stand out to take a look but he won't be posed on it.

Hopefully he'll be here by Friday. :panic:

That reminds me, one of the so-called spoilers for TFA was that Finn was Lando's son. Like there's so few black guys in the galaxy they must be related!

(Or else Lando has so many illegitimate offspring throughout the galaxy the odds are high)

Well, after watching figurejunkie's video review...I've PO'd this. It does look good.

The only major difference right off the bat between the two (SSC & HT) is that HT has opted not to do any weathering on the coveralls (flight suit)...but they haven't really gone for any on these SW figures so far (look how clean ANH Luke's outfit is). The clean outfit only sticks out more here because of the very intense looking weathering and detailing on the armor pieces. Not a deal-breaker by any means...the outfit and gear look well tailored and detailed.

It goes without saying the base body will (hopefully) have more articulation to it than it's SSC counterpart (unless it's hampered by a padded body suit under the outfit like so many Marvel characters are...throwing any intense "action" posing possibilities out the airlock unless the suit is removed). The video didn't feature any extreme "action" poses...so we'll have to wait for some folks in here to provide some "in hand" perspective on that.

I'm looking forward to this...but I'm not tossing away my Sideshow version...I still like the way that one displays.

Well, after watching figurejunkie's video review...I've PO'd this. It does look good.

The only major difference right off the bat between the two (SSC & HT) is that HT has opted not to do any weathering on the coveralls (flight suit)...but they haven't really gone for any on these SW figures so far (look how clean ANH Luke's outfit is). The clean outfit only sticks out more here because of the very intense looking weathering and detailing on the armor pieces. Not a deal-breaker by any means...the outfit and gear look well tailored and detailed.

It goes without saying the base body will (hopefully) have more articulation to it than it's SSC counterpart (unless it's hampered by a padded body suit under the outfit like so many Marvel characters are...throwing any intense "action" posing possibilities out the airlock unless the suit is removed). The video didn't feature any extreme "action" poses...so we'll have to wait for some folks in here to provide some "in hand" perspective on that.

I'm looking forward to this...but I'm not tossing away my Sideshow version...I still like the way that one displays.

It's easier to wash their clothes after a fight than to repaint the armor. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back