1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the helmet really as long as it seems? In most pics it seems that way but others it looks fine.

There are no pics that does this justice. The helmet is perfect. I looked at my pics after I took them and they made the helmet look elongated. Like always, this is much better in-hand.

There are no pics that does this justice. The helmet is perfect. I looked at my pics after I took them and they made the helmet look elongated. Like always, this is much better in-hand.

It's the only thing that's making me hold back on this piece. I skipped the sideshow version cause it looked "off" IMO. I may just bite the bullet an see what it's like.

i disagree , the helmet tvisor is only thing that lets it down . its still too wide like the sideshow one. the sideshow one is a great figure and so is this, but some items like the knee guards tools and flame thrower nozzle are sculpted better one the ssc one. i do like the proportions better . stand him next to vader , the hot toys vader looks too chunky

i disagree , the helmet tvisor is only thing that lets it down . its still too wide like the sideshow one. the sideshow one is a great figure and so is this, but some items like the knee guards tools and flame thrower nozzle are sculpted better one the ssc one. i do like the proportions better . stabd him next to vader , the hot toys vader looks too chunky

It seems like we will agree to disagree then. Fett looks like he has been shruken down to 1/6 imo. It's a perfect representation. Some people just don't know where to draw the line with nitpicks.

It seems like we will agree to disagree then. Fett looks like he has been shruken down to 1/6 imo. It's a perfect representation. Some people just don't know where to draw the line with nitpicks.

here is replica of the real helmet - the visor isnt narrow enough on the hot toys . also at this price point i expect it to be spot on. I agree this is a good figure but the visor is wrong thats all im saying :) People picked on the sideshow for the same reason , but because this is hot toys everyone is praising it .

13592671_1122845047737662_4991607099091495293_n.jpg

Ill agree, the tvisor is not correct. I put 6 grand into building my own fett i studied the helmet (all versions) a whole lot. Its wrong lol. But i dont care. Not one figure is perfect but they are all awesome. ( Mostly)

I agree with snoops and others, so I'm just echoing here, but if the T-Visor wasn't so long / face of the helmet drawn out so much - this figure would look completely different and a whole lot better. Still a great figure, I own the HT and SSC Fetts and they play the part in my collection, but man if there was one thing they they had to nail with this figure for Fett fans.. it was the helmet.

I think the QC on the chest armour has been pretty abysmal. Believe it or not, yours looks to be one of the better ones, but yeah, they are crooked. I don't think I have seen a perfect one yet.

I think the QC on the chest armour has been pretty abysmal. Believe it or not, yours looks to be one of the better ones, but yeah, they are crooked. I don't think I have seen a perfect one yet.

Thanks. Just went back a few pages and you are right. Such a shame on an almost perfect and very expensive figure they couldn't get something so simple right.

Thanks. Just went back a few pages and you are right. Such a shame on an almost perfect and very expensive figure they couldn't get something so simple right.

Indeed. The 'T' visor is a very small nitpick in comparison, well in my opinion anyway. I have been fairly lucky as well, but it could definitely be a little better. I did sort of twist mine a little with minimal force to kind of align them a little better. You could possibly try the same?

Personally I don't think the chest armour not aligning properly is as big an issue as people are making it.
If you look at various costume test shots and indeed screen grabs from ROTJ the chest armour is never really symmetrical and changes from one scene to the next. If anything it's more Accurate not being symmetrical :dunno

Personally I don't think the chest armour not aligning properly is as big an issue as people are making it.
If you look at various costume test shots and indeed screen grabs from ROTJ the chest armour is never really symmetrical and changes from one scene to the next. If anything it's more Accurate not being symmetrical :dunno

I agree Adam1138 , all the photos I ve seen the armour goes all over the place , its designed liked that so the actor can move around , each time he moves his arms the plates move and sometimes overlap. Its not even a nit pick for me, honestly they move around better then the sideshow one. MY Biggest gripe with the figure is this :

Standard Version should have come with sarlac base.
Some parts that are dull silver would look better if they were metallic silver ( brighter silver )
Shin Tools should have been made of metal .
Missing PVC Hoses from the right arm guantlett
T visor looks too wide ( again like SSC but not as bad ) . The prototype showed thinner visor , even the quarter scale one suffers the same issue.

Other then that fellas , this is still a very good Fett . Wookie Braid issue is solved by running over them with hot water , that way you can shape the ends and make them look a little more natural rather then hair gel or whatever they used .I have added the proper clear hoses to my arm guauntlett , and I will add pics later today .

Only thing I can think of as to why its not 100% , I dont think they are allowed to . There might be some contract agreement that it can only be a certain percent accurate . Example - Hot Toys Vader, the chest armour is the wrong color, and the belt boxes are too far away. As for fett , I think the reason they left off the PVC fuel hoses was because they sort of crinkle at the bends, mine i used shrink tubes , 1.5 mm ones. put the hoses on top of the original rubber hoses, then heat with a hair dryer so they bend around the arm. This stops the crinkle if you are planning to use PVC tubes . Buy the clear heatshrink tubes. You can get these at most electrical parts stores like Jaycar Electronics for less then 2.00

I lucked out with pretty much perfectly aligned armor as well. I hadn't even noticed until the issue was brought up.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 225
Here is my Fett ,

water treated the wookie braids to tame them a bit

added clear heatshrink tubes 1.5mm OD to the rubber hoses for accuracy , weathered the lower legs of the suit , repainted the shin tools .

13600027_1123569530998547_5409616129390393589_n.jpg

13606518_1123569537665213_457026037358455500_n.jpg

13600118_1123574144331419_6573170419425467482_n.jpg

13641088_1123574194331414_1131830109386623526_o.jpg

Back