1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really sucks about the chest armor Aliaz. You've been waiting for him for so long.

The armor will never be perfect but that center piece should be straight for sure.

Yes it sucks :( but it seems like things will work out, either a new figure or new vest so just s little more waiting.

They did offer me 15 % discount so maybe I should just buy this off eBay, think it looks pretty good.
dc2fff9cd4a1ec72fa302ee4599d4753.jpg

*Edit* for those of you with Boba in hand, can you take a picture simliar to mine? Just curious how bad my armor plates are or if I am seeing things.

Pretty happy with this guy. Lucked out with the center chest piece.

DSC_0007.jpg
DSC_0004.jpg
DSC_0003.jpg

Just noticed from this last photo that the jets rotate.

DSC_0009 (1).jpg
DSC_0006.jpg

Last edited:
for those of you with Boba in hand, can you take a picture simliar to mine? Just curious how bad my armor plates are or if I am seeing things.

I know if I were in your shoes I would take the 15% and try my luck with a replacement part on eBay. Then sell off the original with very clear pics/description of how it looks.

Here's a couple shots from similar angles. My bottom armor piece overlaps the top right piece a bit but is otherwise pretty even/uniform.

29534963672a4a94fd72292d23803634.jpg

5d2fe73052e92d8ab16f753950b7731e.jpg

Thanks for the pictures! Boba really looks good!

Yeah I talked to them today and I said if they are willing to replace just the vest I'll take it, if I have to send the whole figure back I'll take the 15 %.

great pictures TonTon. Die you get rid of the fatsuit? also, did you futz the neck?byou neck looks longer than stock, thus improving the look of Boba Fett.

Great futzing in any case!

Thanks, parra! I didn't remove the fat suit, thinking about it, but I got him to where I'm happy with him for now. I did remove the diver's belt that's under the red belt, and I think the first thing I did when i stood him up was pull the helmet off and then put it back on to where the neck is looking just a bit taller but the head is still attached, just maybe not all the way down on the peg. I'm a bit more impressed than I thought I would be. Sharp details.

Trying to figure out who to pair him up with on the shelf. The olive color of the armor is pretty dark so I'm thinking of the Sandtrooper for some contrast.

Sandtrooper sounds great. You cant go wrong, your futzing helps a lot the overall look of this figure! thanks for the tips.

I love him next to my Vader.

It seems odd I've seen a lot of people complain about his neck length but It seems like it would be such an easy mod? Especially with what I've seem people do to Vader.

Vader is another good option. I initially put him next to Vader but I have Vader on top of the detolf and wanted to get Boba under some lights.

Took me a few hours to get rid of the fat suit and futz the jump suit but well worth the effort. Even though i still love my SSC ESB Fett, this one raises the bar significantly.

007.JPG

Great shot, Tee-Kay. Would love to see more shots as I'm tempted to remove the fat suit as well. Where do you see the most improvement? Chest area, thighs, shoulders?

Chest area is clearly the part where HT beats SSC hands down. Armor plates are in a much better position and chest doesn't look bulky when looking from the side. All in all, general proportions of the body make this Fett look a lot more like a scaled down human in costume than SSC's does.

004.JPG005.JPG006.JPG

Appreciate it. Yeah I think the chest area looks a little puffy with the suit underneath. I'll see if it bugs me over time. Seems like you're also pretty pleased with your Fett. :clap

Yeah. Pretty pleased with most of my recent HT Star Wars purchases. This Fett is no exception and does have a lot of presence on shelf.

I love the both the HT and SS Fetts, but one thing SS did so better was the weathering on the body suit. The suit on the HT looks a little generic without the weathering.

Back