1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3fc7278b697db354b28dc21bbd9fbfba.jpg

d41ab0445e9a1446de369b750206b25d.jpg

All I can think when I see the face is 'blistering barnacles!' But to be fair they do say it's just a prototype hopefully the final one will be closer.

I wonder if the fingers on the robotic hand move individually?

I love when a new prototype figure is released and the sculpt is vetted to no end; it's interesting to see all the likenesses that people say it resembles more than the actor that it's supposed to be.

However, I can almost guarantee that if it was actually intended to be a sculpt of the person that they say the likeness more resembles, they would probably say it looks more like the person that the sculpt is supposed to be in the first place. :lol

For instance, a Paul Rudd intended sculpt looks more like Ben Affleck, but a Ben Affleck intended sculpt looks more like Paul Rudd. :lol

The more I look at it, the more I can kinda see Mark Hamill. But I think I'd still rather trust my initial gut reaction and not force myself to see more than is really there.

But as people have said, this IS a prototype and the final product will likely look different from this anyway.

He looks so angry/grumpy. I liked the quizzical/recognition look in the movie. Releasing this is a more general look...I just don't get the grumpy old man vibe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess the TFA Han elevated my expectations too high for this figure. I'm not a fan of the headsculpt. Don't know why Luke is so pissed off, I mean come on HT he has ONE facial expression in the whole movie can't you get that right? Also the resemblance just isn't there, to me he looks more off than any of the HT episode IV Han headsculpts. I hope they fix this before release because I really wanted this figure. Him and Han are the only things I wanted from TFA.

I think it's actually the forehead which is the issue. Viewing the Luke sculpt from the right side, the likeness improves.

I'm hoping they thought T-2 endoskeleton finger articulation with Luke's hand, would absolutely be a waste of money if his robotic hand is in a fixed pose :lecture

I think it's actually the forehead which is the issue. Viewing the Luke sculpt from the right side, the likeness improves.

Eh, I kinda see what you mean. Still, I think his hair being messy would push the likeness more forward.

I think it's idealised like most of HT's Star Wars sculpts but I see a lot of Hamill in there. It'd be good to see him with messier hair but I'm pretty happy with how this looks.

Back