1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

I'm hoping they're the same price as the first versions done by Hot Toys. Really I don't see them being much more but who knows. I'm still thinking just Han but I may cave on both.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Definitely in for Han. Chewie is a maybe if he looks more like Chewie than the ANH version or if he's the same and the hair color is much improved. Except for a few moments (end of the movie with Rey in the Falcon) he didn't look exactly like the Chewie we know. Sometimes I think they chose a different type of fur that looked strange under different lighting conditions or something. Maybe it was also just more Chewie when Mayhew was under the suit.

Definitely in for Han. Chewie is a maybe if he looks more like Chewie than the ANH version or if he's the same and the hair color is much improved. Except for a few moments (end of the movie with Rey in the Falcon) he didn't look exactly like the Chewie we know. Sometimes I think they chose a different type of fur that looked strange under different lighting conditions or something. Maybe it was also just more Chewie when Mayhew was under the suit.

They used the exact same technique as the first film when they realized it was hard to replicate.

Yeah, I saw that in the specials but he still looks pretty off in certain scenes. The one that stands out the most is the scene in Starkiller base right before Han is killed, under that dark lighting. Hair looks really synthetic or really dried out. Looks great here though, even if not OT looking:

CglxbhEWYAArhTa.jpg

He's more blonde in the last film cos' he heard they "have more fun".

He's more blonde in the last film cos' he heard they "have more fun".

I wonder in the SW Universe female Wookie’s dye their entire fur for Fashion. Or if some shave their entire body and call themselves “Skin Bodies”!!

obviously can't wait for this, but am I the only one that is super let down by Hans jacket?? that plastic pleather is just not gonna cut it.

Hmmm. Now I'm wondering if I should try to cancel my ANH Chewie preorder. I need to see the sculpt on the new one beforehand, though.

Well, I can always sell him if need be.

obviously can't wait for this, but am I the only one that is super let down by Hans jacket?? that plastic pleather is just not gonna cut it.

Yes, color aside its the wrong texture and it's too shiny.

So much for chewie being a "one off". Still waiting on the ESB 2pac

I will only buy if Chewy's head looks better.

Yeah he definitely seemed a bit dolled up and overly-styled for TFA, and I was not really a fan of the much blonder hair they used either. The standin also tended to stand a bit straighter than Mayhew did as well, and didn't really shuffle his feet as much when he walked.

Still though, compared to the absolute travesty that was the prequel Chewie, it was pretty darn good and felt more than enough like the old Chewie to get the job done.

Still though, compared to the absolute travesty that was the prequel Chewie, it was pretty darn good and felt more than enough like the old Chewie to get the job done.

Indeed, and he had a pretty nice-sized role in the film too. Be curious how his role and the humor with him will change with Han gone. He's gonna be a walking sad carpet.

Still though, compared to the absolute travesty that was the prequel Chewie,

Since I haven't watched ROTS in a while I just googled that version of Chewie and literally laughed out loud. What the hell George, did you do ANYTHING right in the prequels? How the hell do you even find a way to screw up Chewie. Looks like the "Rob Liefeld Captain America" version of Chewbacca. :cuckoo:

Review_ChewbaccaAUTFA_stillB.jpg

I'd be quite surprised if this new Han headsculpt isn't better received than the ANH version. So many more points of reference to use when sculpting an older character. Beards are the best, but age is generally a big help...

Probably... but it's also Harrison Ford, who seems to be incredibly hard to get right no matter how old he is.

Back