1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

A few pics of mine at the moment.

20170428_210501 (503x1000).jpg

20170428_210512 (619x1000) (3).jpg

20170428_210701 (605x1000).jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Oh ho ho ho just you watch. It will happen.
Reason: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I really think an ESB with broken apart C-3P0 is one option that could be made.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the broken up 3P0 w/net. Yep, I could possible see them re-releasing the OT Chewie..making it a deluxe with all that and the breathing mask. I just don't see them tweaking the sculpt or fur color.

Nice ones Davejames! I had mine in the base re-entering getup too at one point, and I'll be swapping it around between the different looks. I like all these options.

Also, it really baffles me why ppl have been clamering for a Hot Toys Emperor. The Sideshow one is almost perfection. Other than giving them a talker cain (like the Hasbro version) and making the eyes more glossy; there's not much you can improve upon. Not to mention, the headsculpt (even though it's a great one) is shadowed heavily by the hood. If the Hasbro one had wires in it, there wouldn't even be a need to get the Sideshow one. So yeah, just baffles me on how collectors seem to not know that Sideshow made an excellent Emperor..or think for some crazy reason it's not good enough🙄

I would agree with this if the headsculpt was COMPLETELY covered by the hood...as long as a human head is involved I will look forward to a Hot Toys improvement over a Sideshow version every time...

Also, it really baffles me why ppl have been clamering for a Hot Toys Emperor. The Sideshow one is almost perfection. Other than giving them a talker cain (like the Hasbro version) and making the eyes more glossy; there's not much you can improve upon. Not to mention, the headsculpt (even though it's a great one) is shadowed heavily by the hood. If the Hasbro one had wires in it, there wouldn't even be a need to get the Sideshow one. So yeah, just baffles me on how collectors seem to not know that Sideshow made an excellent Emperor..or think for some crazy reason it's not good enough🙄

I've always said this too! And the SS Exclusive version with the alternate Headsculpt is awesome!
I can't seen Hot Toys offering two sculpts but we'll see!

Um, up until recently the SS Emperor had been going for around $300, and that may or may not include the additional sculpt. At that price, many collectors are more than happy to wait for a HT version.

The SS version has already started dropping since HT teased there's, so it's possible some deals could be had on him down the line. His value is about $160-180 in my opinion.

I've always said this too! And the SS Exclusive version with the alternate Headsculpt is awesome!
I can't seen Hot Toys offering two sculpts but we'll see!

Well all be damned..right on!

So I removed the fat suit and added a different one. No thigh and chest padding. Just belly and waist. What a difference. :rock:

For guys like me who missed out on the ssc emperor I hope hot toys does put one out. Could use a little good news after taking in this TFA chewie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are putting out one. Already teased it. All the main characters are getting upgrades, they want that main character money regardless of if Sideshow did it or not. They'll do a Scout eventually, the Hoth figures eventually, etc.

They are putting out one. Already teased it. All the main characters are getting upgrades, they want that main character money regardless of if Sideshow did it or not. They'll do a Scout eventually, the Hoth figures eventually, etc.

Where was that teased?

Where was that teased?

At celebration during a panel they showed a backstage photo (neck down) when they also teased ROTJ Luke. Then in some book (below) where the figure was shown from afar.

emp-ht-catalog.jpg

I love Sideshow but "Upgrades" is the key (and accurate) word here!

hqdefault (1).jpg

Teased.

Dude... just... no. It's so bad... the heads look like they are sculpted out of cheese, not refined, cartoonish. The robes, clunky and unnatural, the hood looked goofy as hell, cheesy rubber boots.. I mean, he had no pants... those old loose Prometheus bodies.. the lost goes on and on

For the record I do that's confidence in hot toys for doing a good robe either that's why I'm in on the yunsil project.

"Emperor Palpatine" just sounds weird to me. I still like it best when he's simply called The Emperor.

Dude... just... no. It's so bad... the heads look like they are sculpted out of cheese, not refined, cartoonish. The robes, clunky and unnatural, the hood looked goofy as hell, cheesy rubber boots.. I mean, he had no pants... those old loose Prometheus bodies.. the lost goes on and on

For the record I do that's confidence in hot toys for doing a good robe either that's why I'm in on the yunsil project.

:rotfl

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

"Emperor Palpatine" just sounds weird to me. I still like it best when he's simply called The Emperor.

Me too! There is definitely a different vibe from the OT vs PT Emperor. I like the mystery of him, that you know he is simply this uber evil ruler of the Empire. I try not to picture him as this conspiring politician. And I really didn't like how he ended up looking the way he did. I thought that it was that he was so evil that the dark side presented itself out worldly...not that it was from a rebounded Force lighting attack. Anyways, Always will simply be "The Emperor" to me.

I really the potential for a HT Emperor. It is such a detailed face...I hope they knock it out of the park and do provide a static and dynamic face and pose options.

04c6f0e69a05dcc0f504e1a8e78b88d8.jpg

99d73f5858a2f7305aa5c12dafd90f0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Work in progress. Need to get the upper mouth glued back securely to close up the small gap there.

85db3e81556ddbb3c6d74b809865532d.jpg

Back