1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Some more pictures of Han!

9f873fefdc7254b6079345bcfcf566fe.jpg
816334a761f706b7b11e1583d81072d4.jpg
5690dd20a5dcb7e7d72fb1978731d712.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

repainted, weathered and added wire to my jacket to get the tops by the collar to lay flatter an not curl.

Now I gotta do something about this body. Stupidest choice for a body/build since Hot Toys Crow.

I have every body pretty much ever made at this point... I'll find something good for him.

Yeah the body does seem strangely wide and buff for HF. Not only in the shoulders but in the hips as well. Even a generic narrow shouldered body would probably work better and have more accurate proportions, once you padded the torso a bit.

Finally got my chewie today- LOVE IT! You guys really don't like the figure? It's a 100% improvement on the new hope chewie in my opinion.

Some more pictures of Han!

9f873fefdc7254b6079345bcfcf566fe.jpg
816334a761f706b7b11e1583d81072d4.jpg
5690dd20a5dcb7e7d72fb1978731d712.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great Pictures! I really believe Han is the best Hot Toys to date. Can't wait to get him. Funny I used to think that he would never be as good a the prototype, and worried how he would turn out while I was so sure Chewbacca would come out great.

I'll try and get some taken tomorrow and will post them up. The only issue with the figure that I can see is the gap between the nose and mouth, but to be honest this looks far worse in photos than it does in hand..I'm so happy with him. Looks fantastic next to old Han.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Han is the best despite his sausage thighs. Great pics, ShortRound!

Also thanks to those that showed off the Starkiller open-jacket look. Just set that up and it looks great. I would be careful about leaving the arm bent if you have the leather jacket on underneath though as it does seem delicate and susceptible to damage.

Han is the best despite his sausage thighs. Great pics, ShortRound!

Also thanks to those that showed off the Starkiller open-jacket look. Just set that up and it looks great. I would be careful about leaving the arm bent if you have the leather jacket on underneath though as it does seem delicate and susceptible to damage.

Yeah, I was noticing how his loose pants seem like parachute pants. I guess it's that senior citizen thing - gotta have room for those adult diapers. And they connect to some suspenders under that jacket.

Are you guys making the jacket black or is it a brownish/black?

Jacket needs more than just a few black washes I'm afraid.

But once dulled, repsinted with brown/gray and weathered and the lapel or whatever wired its decent indeed

Looking forward to see how yours looks, Ray.

Thanks!! I used a chalk that can be used to highlight hair. I subtly applied it to the areas that matched the movie. Took a lot of futzing!

Hey, could you give me the exact brand/colors of chalk you used to highlight Chewie's head? I've spent countless hours futzing and re-futzing my Chewbacca. I'm really considering doing some color altering on the head. I figure pastels/chalk would be the way to go instead of watered down acrylic paint..which wouldn't wipe away as easily.

Anyone who thinks we're going to get another original trilogy or another new trilogy Chewbacca is going to be disappointed. There's no need at all to make a whole new figure of those two versions (from a business stand point). Chewbacca never had different looks in the original 3, other than hairstyles that varied from scene to scene. Since there's not a big demand for prequel figures, I doubt will ever get a prequel Chewie. This would be along the same logic as Hot Toys making a Return of the Jedi Yoda......nothing's changed.

Anyone who thinks we're going to get another original trilogy or another new trilogy Chewbacca is going to be disappointed. There's no need at all to make a whole new figure of those two versions (from a business stand point). Chewbacca never had different looks in the original 3, other than hairstyles that varied from scene to scene. Since there's not a big demand for prequel figures, I doubt will ever get a prequel Chewie. This would be along the same logic as Hot Toys making a Return of the Jedi Yoda......nothing's changed.

Oh ho ho ho just you watch. It will happen.
Reason: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I really think an ESB with broken apart C-3P0 is one option that could be made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, it really baffles me why ppl have been clamering for a Hot Toys Emperor. The Sideshow one is almost perfection. Other than giving them a talker cain (like the Hasbro version) and making the eyes more glossy; there's not much you can improve upon. Not to mention, the headsculpt (even though it's a great one) is shadowed heavily by the hood. If the Hasbro one had wires in it, there wouldn't even be a need to get the Sideshow one. So yeah, just baffles me on how collectors seem to not know that Sideshow made an excellent Emperor..or think for some crazy reason it's not good enough🙄

Back