1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Han Solo arrived today. Absolutely fantastic figure.

06276ec4d2ae4f588308624fbe9d3c02.jpg
c39c3bf2d2e3145bc3ccd612d31c4daf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Your Chewie looks fantastic! How did you get the fur so light on the face?

I am dreading my TFA Chewie turning up!

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Thanks!! I used a chalk that can be used to highlight hair. I subtly applied it to the areas that matched the movie. Took a lot of futzing!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

After a few days with Han, I can easily say it's by far, FAR, the best head sculpt I've ever seen in person in 1/6 scale. Anyone who canceled or is passing on this because they don't think it looks accurate in pictures is doing it wrong. Just...you're just doing this whole thing completely wrong.

I know there was a bit of curiosity about this look. I used the ANH Han body and used the fat suit as the pants seemed way too baggy without it.
cac0d85edf5a799059752060d8d8c2eb.jpg
6475fdeb2194c3160e98a82bf754a308.jpg

I know there was a bit of curiosity about this look. I used the ANH Han body and used the fat suit as the pants seemed way too baggy without it.
cac0d85edf5a799059752060d8d8c2eb.jpg
6475fdeb2194c3160e98a82bf754a308.jpg

This would've made an interesting EU Han :lol

His jacket looks like melted chocolate...

But I like the outfit on a younger Han, too.

I still wanna see the ANH vest on Old Han.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really great photos, everyone!

Got Han on Monday and I love it! The sculpt is everything everyone is saying it is. It’s definitely one of the best figures I have. The details in the sculpt and in the costuming is amazing. Really impressed by the material of the jacket and boots. Very fine, thin leather, although I’m afraid it might get damaged or deteriorate that much sooner. And like I said, the details are incredible on everything from the belt stuff to the stitching.

I didn’t get a chance to put in the silver rods on his jacket and I’m not looking forward to it either! Nor have I tried on the coat either.

One small nitpick: the blaster doesn’t go into the holster down enough to get the strap to catch. There is no way the blaster is going in any further than it is, and the strap is about a quarter inch too short. Not the worst thing in the world, but they could have made that strap a little bit longer. Also, he seems a bit too broad shouldered. I don’t think I’ll do anything about that, but I think he should be a bit slimmer across the shoulders. The actual torso seems fine though.

Congrats, Lu! Enjoying everyone's pics. Keep 'em coming.

If they don't make anymore it will be. If I didn't have an order in and wanted it I would be ordering from timcent pronto! $271 is only about $5 more than sideshow shipped.

Does timcent ship in brown shipper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got Han on Monday and I love it! The sculpt is everything everyone is saying it is. It’s definitely one of the best figures I have. The details in the sculpt and in the costuming is amazing. Really impressed by the material of the jacket and boots. Very fine, thin leather, although I’m afraid it might get damaged or deteriorate that much sooner. And like I said, the details are incredible on everything from the belt stuff to the stitching.

I didn’t get a chance to put in the silver rods on his jacket and I’m not looking forward to it either! Nor have I tried on the coat either.

One small nitpick: the blaster doesn’t go into the holster down enough to get the strap to catch. There is no way the blaster is going in any further than it is, and the strap is about a quarter inch too short. Not the worst thing in the world, but they could have made that strap a little bit longer. Also, he seems a bit too broad shouldered. I don’t think I’ll do anything about that, but I think he should be a bit slimmer across the shoulders. The actual torso seems fine though.

When you put the rods in the jacket come in from the bottom and start with the one on his left first and work to he right. I had mine in in a couple of minutes.

Just got my Han as well, and I agree with everyone else that the headsculpt is somehow even more impressive in hand. I do want to gray up the hair though, and the upper legs are looking way too thick and puffy for my taste so think I'll remove some of the padding there (and then take the pants in a bit if they look too loose after).

Water it down a little for sure, then apply washes until you get the color to your liking. :) But yeah, I think it definitely helps the overall look of the figure!

LOVE IT! :love

I'll be doing the same mod to mine today pal. Maybe hit the boots with it as well. :wave

When you put the rods in the jacket come in from the bottom and start with the one on his left first and work to he right. I had mine in in a couple of minutes.

Thanks for the tip!

Congrats and are you sure about the holster..check out the Youtube reviews seems to fit okay IMO :dunno

Great pictures! Ever since I read the Marvel Han Solo comic I've been thinking about getting a brown jacket for an ANH Han figure to get that look. Something like what TonTon posted. That does look really good.

repainted, weathered and added wire to my jacket to get the tops by the collar to lay flatter an not curl.

Now I gotta do something about this body. Stupidest choice for a body/build since Hot Toys Crow.

I have every body pretty much ever made at this point... I'll find something good for him.

Congrats and are you sure about the holster..check out the Youtube reviews seems to fit okay IMO :dunno

I'll check out the reviews. Any suggestions?

But yeah, I've shoved it in as far as it will go, and the strap won't catch (sounds dirty).

I had that issue with my Hoth Han, sometimes they just glue the magnet too far up or use a piece for the strap that's too short. I know there are replacements on eBay and monkeydepot or Toy Anxiety if you want to try your luck there or don't think you can get a replacement.

Back