1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like sky-high secondary market prices are normal at this point...it happens with all releases now regardless of the character.

I wonder how long that situation can last. You'd think the bubble's gotta burst sooner or later. If scalpers are playing the waiting game to profit off of impatient or impulsive collectors, surely there's a point where the stuff won't move for a long time. How long can they sit on dead stock for?

I wonder how long that situation can last. You'd think the bubble's gotta burst sooner or later. If scalpers are playing the waiting game to profit off of impatient or impulsive collectors, surely there's a point where the stuff won't move for a long time. How long can they sit on dead stock for?

Seems like it is starting now as most items don't sell out quickly (there are a few exceptions) and hang around for a while. Just take a look at Sideshow and see what is still available well after release.

Who’d thought at of all the versions HT did..this exact version would be the most difficult to find at retail now ..the prices on this are ridiculous..glad I got mine at retail wayyy back :lecture

I got lucky , I ordered it a few days before release and got it right away

tryuhy6799.jpg

Just saw this on Ryan Meinerding's Instagram page. Concept art for Disney Park Spider-Man. If only the film makers decided on this style instead. Guess we'll have to settle on going to a Disney Park to see this in person.

View attachment 448214

Just saw this on Ryan Meinerding's Instagram page. Concept art for Disney Park Spider-Man. If only the film makers decided on this style instead. Guess we'll have to settle on going to a Disney Park to see this in person.

Nice. Finally a decent Spider embelm on the front and back. Never liked the last 2 film version designs. Maybe this will be the design for the film after the next one ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBEZ37w.jpg

I have been traveling and hadn't posed this guy in a while. I saw the KO set of the hoodie and jacket go up and I was inspired to finally use mine from the deluxe lol. My only fear/gripe when using those is I have no idea what the suit is doing underneath the jacket since I'm really careful otherwise when posing.

Is there a fix for getting these marks from the grabber out?
a892d99191e7337c3a6bd0203f87f737.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Off they don’t slowly return to shape over a period of several days, you could apply heat via hairdryer — but not too much or it’ll melt.

I did see someone's post on FB or Reddit (or maybe here pages back) where they left the figure gripped for a long time, and basically the gripper squeezed and made holes in the suit. I was pretty surprised at that amount of damage.

I took mine off the grabber for the reasons above and left him leaning against the post. Recently found that the plastic of the suit and the post had started to fuse a bit.. was very scared of ripping as I pulled it apart , fortunately it did not....
Might have to buy some crotch grabbers

I have mine without a stand because it was leaving a dent in the material (went away after a few days) and it stands just fine without anything.

Yeah it's crazy just resting the suit against anything will create a depression in it. It's a really weird material, they must have just painted the blue on the 'fabric' or whatever the material is. Unless I have him flying he's not touching anything.

I took mine off the grabber for the reasons above and left him leaning against the post. Recently found that the plastic of the suit and the post had started to fuse a bit.. was very scared of ripping as I pulled it apart , fortunately it did not....
Might have to buy some crotch grabbers

I had mine with his arm leaning against the pole, keeping him fairly secure with that magnetic connection there between the arm and post. Just after a couple weeks I noticed it was leaving a shiny mark so ever since I’ve just got him standing free. There’s just no way the material used for the suit will stand the test of time. I have thought about selling him on considering eBay prices, but at the end of the day he just pops so much on the shelf compared to most other figures and I can’t bring myself to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had mine with his arm leaning against the pole, keeping him fairly secure with that magnetic connection there between the arm and post. Just after a couple weeks I noticed it was leaving a shiny mark so ever since I’ve just got him standing free. There’s just no way the material used for the suit will stand the test of time. I have thought about selling him on considering eBay prices, but at the end of the day he just pops so much on the shelf compared to most other figures and I can’t bring myself to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've thought of that too, since there's a chance they might release this suit again for the new movie, but I know then it'd be over a year until I have him back in the display.

Yeah it's crazy just resting the suit against anything will create a depression in it. It's a really weird material, they must have just painted the blue on the 'fabric' or whatever the material is. Unless I have him flying he's not touching anything.

The material seems more plasticky and tacky then the blue material on the ASM2 suit, which was actually pretty robust in spite of creasing and stretching easily -- a little heat would bring it right back, but this feels different. Don't know what to make of it.

Movie Promo Edition is coming out with the Far From Home line for those who missed out. Announced on Hot Toys FB.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back