1/6 Hot Toys- MMS- Lone Ranger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely. The owner's name is Auggie. His items are top notch. I hope you are pleasantly surprised.

I will also try to get some Battlegear products to make it more movie accurate, let's see how it turns out.

I have finished my first try, still a working progress but so far it is looking good and most importantly looks fantastic next to Tonto.

There are things that I really dislike in my first try, such as the boots and the holster, so these must be replace.

I also believe better guns and a dark blue vest will improve the figure, I can't tell for sure if the vest or waistcoat is dark blue or black in the movie, I know the Hot Toys unproduce prototype is blue, however in the movie doesn't look so blue, either black or dark blue.

I will also try a shorter coat or frock (though I real like like the one I used), a new badge, hat and neckerchief (if I find better ones).

With all these changes, the final version should be really close to movie accurate, all the new pieces are coming soon, so let's see how it turns out.

I will post some pics tomorrow

Looking forward to it!

I assumed the vest was "midnight blue" that looked black under normal light and blue under intense light.

But that's based on the HT prototype and I haven't studied the movie to verify.

Looking forward to it!

I assumed the vest was "midnight blue" that looked black under normal light and blue under intense light.

But that's based on the HT prototype and I haven't studied the movie to verify.

Can't wait to see your custom. I didn't realise Battlegear Toys stuff was so good, definitely picking up a few things.

This first version does not have Battlegear stuff yet, unfortunately I ordered a bit late and did not received on time, now I'm in a middle of a trip, so I will have to wait a bit longer.

Anyhow, this is my first version, as mention above I will update shortly.

IPhone pics, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• LN 3.JPG
    LN 3.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 183
  • LN 4.JPG
    LN 4.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 183
  • LN  2.JPG
    LN 2.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 184
  • LN 1.JPG
    LN 1.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 184
Do not mind the pose or the picture quality; this is just to give an idea of the progress.

Note that I used spurs and a whip (barely visible, behind the holster of the hand holding the gun)

What do you think? I welcome feedback....:lecture

Looks awesome, Wolvie coat isn't too long like I thought it might be. Looking forward to comparing with Battlegear stuff.

Those are the Disney boots I presume? They look better than I expected.

Only complaint would be the hat seems a little too big. Rose Hill Tony Stark hat painted white might be a better bet...

Looks great man, look forward to seeing the Battlegear stuff. I never got round to getting a whip. I was never really happy with my Tony Stark hat, always thought it was that little bit small.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418497179547.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418497179547.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 281
They should've just made a bundle. I guess bundling didn't really exist at the time Tonto went up, did it... :lol

Yeah, if they'd priced it reasonably they at least woulda got some of their development costs back.

Someone called the Ranger "Generic Man" further back in the thread. At least that makes him easy to customize!

I used:
Hot Toys TrueType TTM19 Body & Head Sculpt (Jake Gyllenhaal)
Hot Toys Cowboy Hat from Rose Hill Tony Stark
Hot Toys MMS220 The Wolverine Top Coat
or
Hot toys MMS236 The Dark Knight BATMAN - Alfred Top Coat
Hot toys MMS236 The Dark Knight BATMAN – Alfred White Shirt
Necktie from Disney Lone Ranger
Mask from Disney Lone Ranger
Marshall Badge from Disney Lone Ranger
Hot Toys The Wolverine ( MMS220 , 2014 version) Logan Brown Pants (or Black)
DAM Toys 1/6 Scale Spade 4 Cowboy Boots
Hot Toys DX11 Batman Dark Knight TDK Joker Ver 2.0 Waistcoat or similar vest with Lapels.
I gave mine two guns, the ones that come with the Disney figure are not bad at all, but I already had a custom rig from Stevo'sToys. I'm going to get him an Indian Jones whip sometime, just to finish him off and I'd love to get shackles for them.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418548780976.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418548780976.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 266
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418548802304.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418548802304.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 261
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418548816953.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418548816953.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 271
I found this pic on one of the Hot Toys Web sites, this figure is at Toy Sapiens in Japan. Is this a custom? Sorry if this has already been posted, I've been out of the loop. :lol

loneranger.jpg

Nah, that's the actual prototype for the unproduced real deal. I doubt they have it on display anymore.

But since you posted it, it's a good opportunity to point out how dark the vest is. The blue is so dark it's almost black, but not quite (midnight blue?)

Back