1/6 Hot Toys- MMS- Lone Ranger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chuckled. I like the look of Tonto too much not to get it so I'm in for the lot.

I'm pretty sure the bumbling bit would've changed in the sequel had the movie done well enough for a sequel to be made

Yeah, it was undoubtedly one long setup for the film series which unfortunately now probably won't be made. I liked that he was a "reluctant hero", but yes, the bumbling was overplayed and he didn't come into his own as a hero until the final sequence.

Hopefully it will be told.
:lecture:pray:
May also have said this before, but I'd even settle for a Disney Infinity-style animated series! Just hope they don't let the license go to waste.

yea I agree. I watched the bluray last night and I enjoyed more than when I watched it in theaters and it really made me wish it did well enough to see more in some fashion at least

:lecture:pray:

yea I agree. I watched the bluray last night and I enjoyed more than when I watched it in theaters and it really made me wish it did well enough to see more in some fashion at least

I need to get the bluray soon.
I forgot its out a already.

Its a shame Hollywood base the movies on how much $$$ it makes.
I enjoyed this movie more than Ironman 3.

Judging from many people's reaction such as in this forum and through friend's who've seen it, there's an overwhelming positive response to it.
Bottom line, many people once they've seen it are pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the movie.

Judging from many people's reaction such as in this forum and through friend's who've seen it, there's an overwhelming positive response to it.
Bottom line, many people once they've seen it are pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the movie.

I'm not sure if you're a Disney Movie Rewards member or not but if you are, they should still have on their website the promotion to get $8 off the bluray. I used it and only paid $17 for it which considering the prices of blurays and disney at that, is a pretty good price I think.

But yea I think you're right that once ppl see it they more than likely enjoy it. My best friend who doesnt care too much for Johnny Depp (or period movies for that matter) watched it recently and thought it was pretty enjoyable. Not an Oscar winning movie but definitely a fun ride

I'm not sure if you're a Disney Movie Rewards member or not but if you are, they should still have on their website the promotion to get $8 off the bluray. I used it and only paid $17 for it which considering the prices of blurays and disney at that, is a pretty good price I think.

But yea I think you're right that once ppl see it they more than likely enjoy it. My best friend who doesnt care too much for Johnny Depp (or period movies for that matter) watched it recently and thought it was pretty enjoyable. Not an Oscar winning movie but definitely a fun ride

Thanks for the heads up on Disney rewards program.

Exactly, at the end of it all, the movie was a fun ride.
I remember literally saying out loud in the theater..."OH COOL"!!! When the Lone Ranger theme song started playing near the end. :)

Agreed. An animated series would be fantastic. Almost like the old serials back in the day. Excellent idea.

Yeah it was one of my favorites of 2013- it just was a great film....the critics were out for this at the start- why I NEVER trust the mainstream critics

I'm always rewatching the last 15-20 minutes of this! I love how they sync several parts for the gunfight to the music score. Like Cavendish shooting at Tonto from the train behind, and Reid firing at Fuller from across the trains to the main theme.

Have any other HT items made it to the catalogue stage without getting made? I'm not sure whether to give up hope yet.

In this recent interview with Howard Chan he laments they missed the peak of the LR marketing period.

Hopefully HT are factoring in the number of cancelled Tontos they'll have on their hands if the Ranger PO doesn't happen before he ships. Or maybe they could do a limited run to recoup development costs?

Last edited:
Have any other HT items made it to the catalogue stage without getting made? I'm not sure whether to give up hope yet.

In this recent interview with Howard Chan he laments they missed the peak of the LR marketing period.

Hopefully HT are factoring in the number of cancelled Tontos they'll have on their hands if the Ranger PO doesn't happen before he ships. Or maybe they could do a limited run to recoup development costs?

One's that immediately come to mind are First Class Xavier and Thor version of Loki

Back