1/6 Hot Toys- MMS- Lone Ranger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the movie last night.
I thought it was amazing. Great fun, lots of action and when they played that music... Great way to spend a couple of hours.
Decided right away I'm going to get these guys.
Before I watched the movie, I wasn't taken with the costumes, but now, I'm all for em.
Pity it got bum revues and didn't make a bunch of cash.

I haven't seen it yet. Waiting for the blu ray release in November. I'm sure I'll like it based on what I've seen and heard.

I think the movie had some good moments. I think the biggest ruiner for me was the cutaways to the little kid and old Tonto. It just gave no necessary plot development really. Its is almost like those scenes were added to the movie to lower the intensity a little.

I wanted to like it enough to want these amazing figures, but it fell flat for me. I do hope it makes it to being a sequel though, I think the ground work was laid well.

I think the movie had some good moments. I think the biggest ruiner for me was the cutaways to the little kid and old Tonto. It just gave no necessary plot development really. Its is almost like those scenes were added to the movie to lower the intensity a little.

I wanted to like it enough to want these amazing figures, but it fell flat for me. I do hope it makes it to being a sequel though, I think the ground work was laid well.

Agreed. The cutaways were distracting.... and the film itself was too long and didn't get the Lone Ranger to become Lone Ranger soon enough. It could have been a lot of fun.

Hopefully this up for PO by the time the movie hits DVD/Blu release next month!

Hello? :wave Hot Toys...Anybody home? Movies been released. Now's a good time. Take my $200 before I find any number of better things to do with it. Hell, if it looks good, you may get another $200 out of me for Tonto. Who's asleep at the switch here? You're missing a potential 400 bones to put into another stupid Iron Man. Hello? Bueller? McFly?

Hello? :wave Hot Toys...Anybody home? Movies been released. Now's a good time. Take my $200 before I find any number of better things to do with it. Hell, if it looks good, you may get another $200 out of me for Tonto. Who's asleep at the switch here? You're missing a potential 400 bones to put into another stupid Iron Man. Hello? Bueller? McFly?

:exactly:

No Lone Ranger = a cancelled order for Tonto

Makes no sense to have one without the other

It actually makes perfect sense if you're a Johnny Depp character collector like myself. However I would love to see this made. I went into the movie for Depp and came out enjoying Armie Hammer more

Last edited:
Finally saw the movie. It was ok. Action was good but the way they handled the Lone Ranger being kind of awkward and bumbling was a bit annoying. When I think of the Ranger I think amazing gunslinger, and horse rider not Tonto always has to save my a$$.

Still going to get the pair cause they look great and it will be cool to have them represented in my collection. Just gave to forget most of the movie when I look at them.

Finally saw the movie. It was ok. Action was good but the way they handled the Lone Ranger being kind of awkward and bumbling was a bit annoying. When I think of the Ranger I think amazing gunslinger, and horse rider not Tonto always has to save my a$$.

Still going to get the pair cause they look great and it will be cool to have them represented in my collection. Just gave to forget most of the movie when I look at them.

I'm pretty sure the bumbling bit would've changed in the sequel had the movie done well enough for a sequel to be made

We'll be getting the Lone Ranger. I think Hot Toys is tweaking the sculpt. It was in the Hot Toys Catalog for 2014 so the proto is still being worked on. That's what I think since for me the proto I saw was not the best. Sculpt was missing something.

We'll be getting the Lone Ranger. I think Hot Toys is tweaking the sculpt. It was in the Hot Toys Catalog for 2014 so the proto is still being worked on. That's what I think since for me the proto I saw was not the best. Sculpt was missing something.

Just b/c it's in the HT catalog doesn't mean it's going to get made. The first Loki version from Thor as well as Xmen First Class Xavier were in the catalogs and still haven't gone up for PO so there's no guarantee

You're probably right. I enjoyed the movie for what it was just wasn't what I was hoping for.

Totally understandable especially for original fans of the Lone Ranger. For me, I've grown up hearing about him but never watched/read about him and truly only went to see this movie for Depp and was pleasantly surprised that I was favoring Armie Hammer

Just b/c it's in the HT catalog doesn't mean it's going to get made. The first Loki version from Thor as well as Xmen First Class Xavier were in the catalogs and still haven't gone up for PO so there's no guarantee

I know but I'm just hoping and I was just thinking maybe that's why.

Back