1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 2 - Iron Man Mark 4 (Reissue) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually never noticed how similar both 4 and 6 really are... I knew they were similar, but I had no idea it just came down to the chest plate and silver parts. Makes me want 4 less and 6 even more now.

Same here. Was really surprised with the similarity. Now I'll wait for a mk6.

I'm not a suit analyst with a photographic ability to pick all the main suits apart, but when I first watched the movie it felt like Tony literally swapped the new reactor into a back-up version of his suit.

I'm one who doesn't really consider much on screen evolvement happened (ignore V) until he unleashed VII for the final battle in the Avengers movie. III, IV and VI have always felt like a very smooth update process to me.

But yeah... if VI came out I'd pick it over IV in a heartbeat. IV is too similar to III. Didn't do much but get drunk and wallow in self pity. VI had the moments in two movies and has the triangle reactor (the first of the new element, so kinda the first real technology evolution)

IV is the most like the classic comic book suit and is the cleanist and most iconic of the designs, imo. Scene wise, Stark eating a donut in the Randy's Donut donut remains a great moment. The HT version is much nicer than their III, even this reissue which is a downgrade from the first version.

IV is the most like the classic comic book suit and is the cleanist and most iconic of the designs, imo. HT design wise, it's much nicer than their III, even this reissue which is a downgrade from the first version.

If your saying the mk4 is superior film design ok...but the DC mk3 has significant upgrades over the mk4 figure.

The proportions on the DC Mk III are horrible, imo, and it's not a good looking figure. If I only had 1 representative IM figure it would be the Mk 7 or Mk 4 version 1.

The proportions on the DC Mk III are horrible, imo, and it's not a good looking figure. If I only had 1 representative IM figure it would be the Mk 7 or Mk 4 version 1.

I prefer both those over the 3, but that doesn't mean they are better designed by hot toys. The joints and features on the mk3 are superior to the mk4. It's a better engineered figured. And the proportions are in line with the screen suit. It's supposed to be less "advanced". It's smaller. That's how the film suit is so I don't expect the figure to be much different

Edit-and sorry if i came across telling you which one you should like better. That all comes down to personal preference. I was just saying that engineering wise the dcmk3 is far more advanced figure then the older mk4.

Last edited:
Yea, I think most people feel the proportions are better on design of the IV over the III, but I think Hot Toys accurately captures the proportions on the Diecast MKkIII as they actually are in the film. Even so, I prefer the MKIII over the IV as the most "classic" version of the suit. Proportion aside, the details on the MarkIII seem to evoke more of that "classic" comic look over the IV, imo. it's the small things that make the difference, like the two ports or screws (or whatever they are) above the arc reactor near the collarbone which mirrors a similar feature in the comics. The Mark IV armor doesn't have this and feels like its an evolution from the "classic" suit, which of course it is; even if just a small one.

So I prefer the Mark III for the most "classic" representation of Iron Man and the the Mark VI for a more noteworthy evolution of the armor over IV.

I've skimmed the thread and some say it looks different and others say it looks the same. I actually prefer this design over all others, even the Mark 3. I'd love to get this one, but not if it'll have the pink issues the older suits have.

So, has anyone been able to determine if HT corrected the pink panties issue on this release?

I know this doesn't come with the Stark head and the donut & box (neither of which I would ever use), but does it come with the forearm missiles?? That would make me want an original over this re-release.

Everything it comes with is in the photos on the first page

Yes, I did see the pictures on the 1st page obviously, thank you. But the original Hot Toys figure promo pics never showed them either.

ass.jpg

Sorry I asked...

image.jpegThis figure is already out. Different scenario.

Last edited:
Well maybe that could've been posted instead of telling me to look at the photo's on 1st page, which are promo pictures, not in hand pictures... Thanks for clarifying. I won't ask any more dumb questions.

Back