1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 2 - Iron Man Mark 4 (Reissue) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally some real photos of this guy...

1.jpg13403990_10153585709467344_3849585046015141805_o.jpg13417001_10153585709407344_5054943641223884842_o.jpg13427746_10153585709322344_8162972656139870548_n.jpg13442127_10153585709397344_7714616263498639195_n.jpg13442662_10153585709402344_8916354637275049459_o.jpg13450221_10153585709327344_8228282130630208440_n.jpg13450838_10153585709317344_3654271046762537860_n.jpg

I really feel like we wont get a diecast version of this now. I dont know what they could possibly change to make it better. Especially since this is a re-release. I bet these 3 will be the sdcc exclusives this year

What a lame re-release, less everything - accessories, weapons, features, hands, stark head - than the first, and much better Mark 4 armor. I guess that's why this isn't being billed as "2.0" because it's actually a step down from the original.

If this armor was known for more than Tony getting his ass beat by Rhodey, I might want it... It's just too basic. I can only handle so many red/gold Iron Men before I get sick of them.

Is my mind playing tricks on me or is the head different?
It's the exact same figure but with less stuff. Probably more expensive too. If Sideshow doesn't get this then I can see them doing a proper Diecast release down the road. This just seems like a lazy fast rerelease so that they can sell it off as an exclusive at their Shanghai store.

It's the exact same figure but with less stuff. Probably more expensive too. If Sideshow doesn't get this then I can see them doing a proper Diecast release down the road. This just seems like a lazy fast rerelease so that they can sell it off as an exclusive at their Shanghai store.

If this is just a straight-up reissue, I too hope that we get a new-and-improved IV somewhere down the road. And I hope it's a lot better than the latest Mark III.

I passed it the first as it has no BD, I did end up getting the HS and shades for my Mark VI, not ready that interested in the IV. When is SSC shipping XLV???

I'm guessing in about a month, at the very least, but who knows? :dunno

...If Sideshow doesn't get this then I can see them doing a proper Diecast release down the road.

I wonder if the small re-release of a plastic IV, regardless of if it comes to Sideshow or not, means they will do a Diecast VI next? This would also make sense with the 01 War Machine coming out. If they ever do a Diecast IV, not sure why they would do it right after a plastic re-release, even a small run. But I am not pretending to know their plans or the business reasons behind what they may or may not do.

I do know when it comes to Diecast that I would be content if they skipped the IV and went right to VI. I have the DC MKIII, and I think the IV and VI or so similar in design I don't feel like I need both, so I'd prefer the one with the Triangle Arc reactor as the most distinctive version from the MkIII. But that might just be me.

I wonder if the small re-release of a plastic IV, regardless of if it comes to Sideshow or not, means they will do a Diecast VI next? This would also make sense with the 01 War Machine coming out. If they ever do a Diecast IV, not sure why they would do it right after a plastic re-release, even a small run. But I am not pretending to know their plans or the business reasons behind what they may or may not do.

I do know when it comes to Diecast that I would be content if they skipped the IV and went right to VI. I have the DC MKIII, and I think the IV and VI or so similar in design I don't feel like I need both, so I'd prefer the one with the Triangle Arc reactor as the most distinctive version from the MkIII. But that might just be me.

You do make quite a bit of sense. Take into account that the Mk. IV and VI are both IM2 movie licenses (I guess technically the Mk. VI is also Avengers 1 but they covered that with the Mk. VII Stealth) and in order to keep releasing products from a specific license, a company signs a contract with specific timeframes that must be used or the license can expire. Also the fact, like you stated, that they are releasing WM Mk. 1 diecast and have already released Whiplash Mk. II diecast, it makes sense to do the Mk. VI so collectors can have a "complete" IM2 display. Basically, IM figures sell, licenses need to be handled properly (admittedly, I have no idea how) and releasing a popular armor like the Mk VI will, in turn, sell more WM's and Whiplashes.

Honestly, I think this Mk. IV is just a quick cash grab and nothing more. They know which armors are the most popular and really it doesn't matter if they make 4 or 6 next in diecast since both figures have the same legs, arms, helmets, backs and even midsections (manufacturing wise) that regardless of which came first, the second one would be just retooling for the chest armor. It's not easy to figure out (no pun intended) which one will be remade first but it's logical to assume that they'd do the 2, 4 or 6 next. Mk. VII is quite a stretch even considering its popularity since they are committed to finishing the HPP line and a few more suits still need plastic Mk. VII parts. The Mk. V desperately needs a remake but its screentime was so short and it's a completely different mold than anything else. I also think that same logic follows the Mk. I and as much as HT wants everyone to think that the original 7 remakes are just speculation, IM sells figures and HT knows this.

They know which armors are the most popular and really it doesn't matter if they make 4 or 6 next in diecast since both figures have the same legs, arms, helmets, backs and even midsections (manufacturing wise) that regardless of which came first, the second one would be just retooling for the chest armor.

Good point, So even if they skipped ahead to VI to take advantage of how it fits in with those interested in having it as part of a set with War Machine 001 and Whiplash potentially increasing the sales of all 3, they would already be so close to having a completely retooled IV it wouldn't make sense not to do it at some point.

5599629234_4d022c2ff8_z.jpg

Looking at the old ones and the design of both, if they do one Diecast they will likely do the other at some point.

...It's not easy to figure out (no pun intended) which one will be remade first but it's logical to assume that they'd do the 2, 4 or 6 next.

When you think about reusing the tooling the Mark II would seem to be a no brainer for sure now that the have a DC Mark III. Although I would love to have a Diecast Unleashed version which showed all the inner workings and could also present as an empty suit. This would look great next to the Mark III construction figure, but would likely require more retooling then simply a repaint of the DC Mark III with a few more rivets on the chest piece. I'm not sure how much of the tooling for the plastic MkII Unleashed version could be reused for a Diecast; if the plastic tooling is compatible with Diecast tooling at all. I have no idea.

Take into account that the Mk. IV and VI are both IM2 movie licenses (I guess technically the Mk. VI is also Avengers 1 but they covered that with the Mk. VII Stealth) and in order to keep releasing products from a specific license, a company signs a contract with specific timeframes that must be used or the license can expire.

Another good point. I wonder how licensing would effect the possibility of doing a Mark VI with features from both IM2 and Avengers? For instance was all the "reindeer games" armaments in Avengers also in IM2? If not, it would be great to have a kind of definitive Mark VI that covers both film appearances; but that may not be in the best interests of their licensing agreements depending on how that works. With the great battle damage on the 001 War Machine I would hope that Mark VI would at least come with that from IM2 as well.

The Mk. V desperately needs a remake but its screentime was so short and it's a completely different mold than anything else.

That's not one I am interested in because the Silver Centurion armor from the comics which inspired it is better captured in the Mark33. But, the Mark V is a very unique and interesting armor all on its own, and looking at pictures of the Hot Toys older version there is lots of room to make improvements. Even though it's not a figure I am anticipating wanting, a really good Diecast version of this would likely be beautiful and might tempt me nonetheless. But you are right, it would have to be built from scratch, unlike the tooling for the others that can be reused for multiple armors.

For those that have both the original mk4 and mk6, was always curious if the chest plates were interchangeable. Meaning can the triangular arc chest plate fit on the mk4 and the circular chest plate fit on the mk6? I believe those are the only differences between the 2 figures other than the silver painted parts on the mk6, correct? Thanks.

For those that have both the original mk4 and mk6, was always curious if the chest plates were interchangeable. Meaning can the triangular arc chest plate fit on the mk4 and the circular chest plate fit on the mk6? I believe those are the only differences between the 2 figures other than the silver painted parts on the mk6, correct? Thanks.

no they're not interchangeable

I actually never noticed how similar both 4 and 6 really are... I knew they were similar, but I had no idea it just came down to the chest plate and silver parts. Makes me want 4 less and 6 even more now.

Back