1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just when I think I've settled in I feel a disturbance . . . That ESB vs RO pic just screwed with my mind. Why am I now thinking the RO looks more like Vader? the other feels short and stubby by comparison.

Just when I think I've settled in I feel a disturbance . . . That ESB vs RO pic just screwed with my mind. Why am I now thinking the RO looks more like Vader? the other feels short and stubby by comparison.

Because you've been brainwashed by years of oversized toys and figures making Vader to be a giant that he never was.

Because you've been brainwashed by years of oversized toys and figures making Vader to be a giant that he never was.

Canon height claims he's 6'8. With Chewie only a foot taller. That's pretty big. I kind of want to see this new Vader against a regular figure now.

Note: No brainwashing here as I've never been a huge SW fan or paid attention to the figures until now. lol

Yeah he should only appear short next to the other Vaders.

So what is the actual height of this Vader then? The specs showed it being the same as RO but that clearly isn't the case.

ESB Vader arrived it has a few niggles so i think Rogue One may still be the best.
7e8f968bd9251c79e0090baf0933c258.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The gloves and hands look so tiny on the ESB Vader...

Yeah he should only appear short next to the other Vaders.

So what is the actual height of this Vader then? The specs showed it being the same as RO but that clearly isn't the case.

I proposed early on that the 13.77 inches included the base but some said otherwise . . .

Quick sketch. Red lines show how shoulder armor on ESB extend downwards compared to RO.
Green lines follow the body contour (I may be wrong on the trunk). If you follow outer edge of arms, you'll see that shoulder is placed just under shoulder armor on RO whereas shoulder stays way inside the armor on ESB.
And if you follow the green line at the codpiece, the arm lengths is proportionate to the body. I think shoulder sections Show upper extremities smaller than they are.

vader.jpg

I feel like with ANHVader we had to pull belt and cod up to make the chest box look right, now we have to pull them down to make it look proper. The chest box is definitely big. I want to love this figure, and I’m sure he’s better in hand, but man the flaws here are ridiculous over sights. Just when you see a picture that makes him look great, you see one that makes you gasp. I think the only version that’ll look perfect is the 1/4 RotJ one.

I just poked in here to see if I would be tempted to upgrade my ANH Vader to this one. ...now I just feel... confused hahaha

Seriously though, really liking everything about this figure *except* the helmet, and since that's the most important aspect of Vader, it's steering me away from it. For me, the overall "long face" look is what I'm not digging. The tusks and helmet separation line aren't helping either. Really do like how they appear to have shortened him a bit, that's definitely a welcome change!

I thought it was the same design as the ss chest and belt desgin. when I saw the video was like nope. I like the ss chest and belt boxes better. you have one switch to turn on the both light on the SS version and the HT version a switch to turn the chest lights on then you have to turn on boxes they just could not use same system design like what SS did.

So how accurate was the chest box on the SS Vader, in terms of size and detail? I'm wondering if I should dig that one up from my parts box to use instead...

I just looked. Its a bit hokey looking compared to today's detail. LED pattern is incorrect. And there's no red light on the belt boxes. That said, the chest box looks the right size. And its easier to use. BUT... I doubt it will fit the HT bulk without modifications.

Back