1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Man....so hard to decide. Buy this...or wait for ROTJ Vader? This one looks great too but again, I only need one Vader. I think i'm probably gonna wait still. I need that "unmasking" in my collection. I already have Jedi Luke on preorder.

Given that HT couldn't get old Luke right, I'd hate to think what their Sebastian Shaw sculpt would look like.

Lol they couldn't do Old Ben either. At least they got Tarkin right. I'm honestly fine with just the back of Vader's head. I'll never pose him without his helmet anyway.

They should be able to do that. SS pretty much nailed it even long time ago. It was one of the few good things on that rotj ex.

Looks great for those who want it, but I'll wait for the RotJ version. The base is very enticing though. I have the RO Vader, I think I'll be good with just 2 in my collection, hope the RotJ is a DX awesome release.

The base is a big part of why I want this. You know it’ll sell for a ridiculous amount parted out too so if that’s something you want it’s kind of worth it for that alone. You could probably sell Vader pretty easily if you didn’t want the figure. I’ll wait and see how much it goes for but I’m leaning towards getting it.

It'll be nice if the reveal sculpt is extra and comes with another dome. Really diggin that Bespin base ✨

vader.jpg
Man I might not be able to resist this vader. And that base...awesome.
Here's my latest Darth Vader action figure, well it's actually a Rubies costume on a dummy. I call him Manakin Skywalker.
Speeder bike sold separately.

Last edited:

I will be hitting up the event in Tokyo tomorrow morning. Will hopefully be able to get some decent photos with my iPhone and post them here for people to see around 12pm Tokyo time (10pm EST Wednesday)

I will be hitting up the event in Tokyo tomorrow morning. Will hopefully be able to get some decent photos with my iPhone and post them here for people to see around 12pm Tokyo time (10pm EST Wednesday)

You are a saint! It would be much appreciated bro! Enjoy the event. I wish I could be in Japan again to go to that.

Nice. Can't wait to see how they display it and hopefully with all the accessories.

You’re doing the lords work DJ! Any chance you can get some closeups of the gloves?

I’ll do my best. If people put in some specific requests, I’ll try to get photos for ya.

Details like the face with closeups and if possible profile helmet shots, gloves, boots - all those favourite nitpick targets. This is their what, 3rd Vader? Hot Toys should have all preparations by now to make this THE esb vader, let's see if they succeeded.

Any shots are greatly appreciated but since you asked a close up of the helmet would be great DJ. I wanna see if you can see a bit of the reveal (neck gadgets). Might confirm a single sculpt with a pop of dome.
Hopefully not.
Kinda of a tight spot so no worries :)

What's the deal with this show? Will there be new figures?

So the lighting and the fact it’s behind plastic (not glass) didn’t permit for good pics. I took some video and will upload it when I get home and post the link. We had to pay 100% in advance for Vader which I cannot remember Hot Toys ever requiring before in Japan. So, I’m going to guess that it’s going to be a fairly limited figure. By it, I mean the figure with the scarred head.

So the lighting and the fact it’s behind plastic (not glass) didn’t permit for good pics. I took some video and will upload it when I get home and post the link. We had to pay 100% in advance for Vader which I cannot remember Hot Toys ever requiring before in Japan. So, I’m going to guess that it’s going to be a fairly limited figure. By it, I mean the figure with the scarred head.

It's a 100% paid preorder? When did they say you'll receive it considering you paid for it now?

I wonder if this is some sort of pre-ESB Vader...? A limited edition before they release a wider, regular edition. Makes no sense to make this so limited. Something's up.

Back