1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really? i've liked them at times and yeah if there was a wireless way that'd be cool like the super alloy figures, and pose is'nt ever really a problem for me as i can repose them, but sometimes i like just turning the lights on to see the effect of it again, but i'm contemplating taking the batteries out of my vii as they're getting old. but yeah haha

love your signature by the way haha

I also removed the batteries before storing them away, imo its dangerous to leave them in, I see Hot Toys now leave the batteries out during packaging

You do some pretty damn good reviews Ryan, don't sell yourself short, great video quality too. I do reviews to as you know, but my editing leaves a lot to be desired as there isn't any :lol I wouldn't even class myself in the top 50, but I just do it for the passion I have for the hobby, I don't monetize my videos, not that there's anything wrong with that, but just cause I don't want people to have to watch a commercial they didn't want to watch, I hate that:pfft:

Thanks Skull! I love your reviews. There simple but effective. trust me. My reviews are simple too. No editing involved. Monetized videos are dumb but I think I do it. :lol You get paid or something even though I see no paycheck. Oh well.

i must admit one thing i don't like about Clipperking is that he doesn't always show the light up features of the iron man figures because he's selling the figures later, i mean i understand, but the light up features are a main selling point of the hot toys iron man series, and i wanna see how they work :dunno

Yup.. my two reservations about Clipperking's reviews, are the repeated references to selling the figure, as a justification for things he is not going to do for the review, and the amount of casual swearing.. Optibotimus' enthusiasm tends to make up for the behind the camera, with disembodied hands presentation.. most reviewers are going to have idiosyncrasies which create a unique presentation style, but do not necessarily appeal to everyone in the audience.

I also think a presenter can 'big-up' a figure they particularly like.. and although I think the same figure is pants, that does not mean the review is necessarily a sell-out..for example, most figures with realistic hair would fall into this category for me, but I appreciate other collectors like them.. another example is 'traditional' style figures from companies like Entertainment Earth, just because they do not appeal to me, does not mean a positive review is wrong.

I tend to prefer old skool, talking to the camera, unboxing, followed by the toy on a desk, kind of review (although I appreciate for this to work properly, you need a presenter and a separate camera operator).. but I also like Mike Crawford's reviews, the photo only and other reviews on this forum.. plus the individual Sideshow Freaks dedicated threads really give a figure a thorough going over.. not forgetting Eamon and the team's excellent Hottoycast.

Thanks Skull! I love your reviews. There simple but effective. trust me. My reviews are simple too. No editing involved. Monetized videos are dumb but I think I do it. :lol You get paid or something even though I see no paycheck. Oh well.

Monetizing videos isn't dumb, its actually not a bad idea if you can get paid for showing your passion, but I don't do it just because I find ad's annoying and I don't think I'll gain enough popularity to earn anything worthwhile:lol

Monetizing videos isn't dumb, its actually not a bad idea if you can get paid for showing your passion, but I don't do it just because I find ad's annoying and I don't think I'll gain enough popularity to earn anything worthwhile:lol

Hey at this point you have the most subscribers. I think you're the one beating me. :lol You would be making the pretty penny.

Hey all,
I took a few more pictures of the Mark 42. I still have great posability and the arm sockets are fine too.
f1dd91425e2cd1c74c398b4783caf2fe.jpg
626b6515aea031e4ac988767f0a83a34.jpg
244b86264d1c287b29cd695d5c825c6f.jpg

Hope you like them [emoji6]

Hey all,
I took a few more pictures of the Mark 42. I still have great posability and the arm sockets are fine too.
f1dd91425e2cd1c74c398b4783caf2fe.jpg
626b6515aea031e4ac988767f0a83a34.jpg
244b86264d1c287b29cd695d5c825c6f.jpg

Hope you like them [emoji6]
Nice pics! Glad to hear you're not having any problems with him. Can't wait to get this guy!

I don't care what reviewers have to say... I just like getting a good look at the figure. But clipper is pretty entertaining to me..always watch his

Here's Sean Long's review.

Since he got it from Sideshow, this is presumably the same figure that will be shipping out to most of you guys. Bad puns aside, there's a lot of good, close-up views of the figure.

He also shows off the shoulder articulation at 5:00. It's not clear whether or not this figure has the revised shoulders, but he's very careful with the joint anyway.

His approach is similar to what some have done with the Amazing Spider-Man figure - hold onto the shoulder with one hand and use the other to slowly articulate.

Since he got it from Sideshow, this is presumably the same figure that will be shipping out to most of you guys. Bad puns aside, there's a lot of good, close-up views of the figure.

He also shows off the shoulder articulation at 5:00. It's not clear whether or not this figure has the revised shoulders, but he's very careful with the joint anyway.

His approach is similar to what some have done with the Amazing Spider-Man figure - hold onto the shoulder with one hand and use the other to slowly articulate.

I wouldn't say his careful at all, especially when his posing the legs, I was waiting for them to snap:panic::lol

I'm not a fan of his reviews for various reasons, but I don't hate the kid ether, I just think most adult collectors steer clear of this childish type review, but like you say you can pull some useful stuff out of his reviews from time to time, if you can stand them:lol

Back