1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't be surprised if Sideshow sells out of the regular version too soon as they're currently checking their inventory for the regular.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sideshow sells out of the regular version too soon as they're currently checking their inventory for the regular.

And when this was announced, so amny people freaked out and said, "This will be around a while. I'll pick this up when it goes on clearance".

Hilarious

You guys are not going to believe the "heft" factor of this figure. Being this is only 40% die cast, I can't imagine the weight of a 100% die cast war machine. This is what sixth scale figures should feel like. In the span of one day it's become the favorite piece in my collection. I honestly can't find anything I'd like done differently. Wait, I'd like the "Gatling" gun to be die cast as well but that's it. Pure perfection. Bring on Iron Patriot and Mark 42 (in six months).

And I'm sure Sideshow will come back with some more after checking inventory but will probably sell out in the very near future if it has to check its inventory this soon. This is unless, of course, additional future inventory is alotted by Hot Toys to its US distributor.

So from the review I saw War Machine can't look up like the new Mark VII. That's a bummer we can't do a proper flight pose.

You guys are not going to believe the "heft" factor of this figure. Being this is only 40% die cast, I can't imagine the weight of a 100% die cast war machine. This is what sixth scale figures should feel like. In the span of one day it's become the favorite piece in my collection. I honestly can't find anything I'd like done differently. Wait, I'd like the "Gatling" gun to be die cast as well but that's it. Pure perfection. Bring on Iron Patriot and Mark 42 (in six months).

Someone had mentioned he was about 90% the weight of Tamashii C3PO. And that guy is impressively heavy!

I just saw Optibotimus' great review of this figure and was pleasantly surprised to find that the batteries are separately packed. No more worries regarding leaking batteries if you decide not to open immediately or for those who like keep their figures mint in box. Hopefully, this is what Hot Toys does for all their future figures. Oh yeah, a screw driver is now also included with the packaged batteries. Can't wait for mine to come.

That's great to hear, why did it take them so long to do that, seem like a no-brainer.

Yea, a green gummy bear doesn't really scream must have. Charged and shipped for regular version. Can't wait.

It's the same price. I figured waitlisting was a non-NRD way to get PO as somebody is going to cancel.

I haven't seen it cheaper than $280 anywhere. The sites that usually have cheaper PO's are charging $350 for some reason...

good to know your weight, mine is the exclusive as well with a packout and weighs 7.8lbs.

I wonder what else they put in there.

You may be receiving the collector care kit. It has some nice little tools such as tweezers, a dusting brush, polish cloth and other knick knacks.

So from the review I saw War Machine can't look up like the new Mark VII. That's a bummer we can't do a proper flight pose.

We might see some ambitious people try to modify and paint the mark VII neck post if possible to allow WMII to look all the way up. Have to see what the neck and head ball joints look like. The fact the batteries are in the top of the head like the MK7 should make the mod come down to the neck post only. It would be cool to paint one and pop it on the get the fix.

Wow, checking inventory, already. It would be something else if the regular sells out before it even starts really shipping. Diecast line is set to be crazy expensive after-market if HT doesn't restock at least a few more times.

You may be receiving the collector care kit. It has some nice little tools such as tweezers, a dusting brush, polish cloth and other knick knacks.

That would be a welcome item. I ended up getting a Buzz Lightyear with my Midas last month.

Back