1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was anyone lucky enough to see the AOU trailer? In the trailer breakdown it says that Rhodes and Stark attempt to lift Thor's hammer while wearing their Iron Man gloves but does not get any more specific than that. Someone who saw the trailer should be able to answer if it was a War Machine or Iron Patriot glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far to date I think this one is actually my favourite Iron Man figure I own, I've had it a few months now & it catches my eye every time I see it..., really pleased they've gone down the diecast route & I hope they'll make lots more in this format.

According to SDCC panel Cheldae was called War Machine...but you can be sure the suit is going to be different...maybe MARK III?

That's the dilema. If it's going to be the WM Mk2 in Age of Ultron, I'll pass on this and the Mk2 v2.0. If Age of Ultron has a WM Mk3, then I'll be getting both. That's why I passed on Dark World Thor as he's more or less going to be the same again.

You might want to buy this one and then sell it if you prefer the AOU figure. Plus the AOU figures might be a ways away.. 2 years maybe?

That's the dilema. If it's going to be the WM Mk2 in Age of Ultron, I'll pass on this and the Mk2 v2.0. If Age of Ultron has a WM Mk3, then I'll be getting both. That's why I passed on Dark World Thor as he's more or less going to be the same again.

I thought War Machine was Iron Patriot now though???

Not that particular look, It's got too much going on for my tastes.

Iron_Patriot.jpg

This is the only Iron Patriot I'm familiar with. I just think the dark grey looks much better.

View attachment 131536

This is the only Iron Patriot I'm familiar with. I just think the dark grey looks much better.

Thanks for the picture, that's the colour scheme I saw on the statue made by Bowen, it does look better that way I think BUT I guess for the film franchise they wanted to give it a new look & not have it looking too much like the comic version (but I'm just guessing of course). :)

FINALLY have my War Machine figure complete and in all it's glory, when I got it it looked like this

10602824_10154432894450545_759141688_n.jpg10485386_10154432894455545_1166876781_n.jpg

But after a lot of waiting and a replacement arm, it's looking great, although it's kind of tainted by the whole annoying experience, and I'm terrified of doing any extreme poses with it, incase it breaks again. But then i've been going for a more museum pose for my collection recently anyway so it's all good!

Just glad to finally have it fixed! :yess:

Was anyone lucky enough to see the AOU trailer? In the trailer breakdown it says that Rhodes and Stark attempt to lift Thor's hammer while wearing their Iron Man gloves but does not get any more specific than that. Someone who saw the trailer should be able to answer if it was a War Machine or Iron Patriot glove.

I was able to see the A2: AoU footage at the 2014 SDCC. Rhodey was wearing a War Machine colored gauntlet. I was very giddy when I saw it.

Back