1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - Neon Tech Iron Man Mark IV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There where a couple toyfair exclusives last year. Usually a few every year. I don’t think a toyfair one has never not made it to Sideshow.

Your history with it is longer than mine, but I only remember last year's figures being the only time they were, "available for pick-up only." When Python was introduced, it was available for immediate pre-order through SSC. Do you remember any other figures, last year's not withstanding, that weren't directly available through SSC?

Yeah I’m not sure how many have been available for pick up at sdcc, but I think there’s been a couple over the years.

There’s been a few not available at Sideshow. Three or four over the years I think. Which, out of like 600ish figures, not bad percentage really. Because there’s other lines outside of the mms stuff. The 1/4 for example, the video game line, and so on. Having them available at sdcc is not common, but them not showing up at all at sdcc is pretty rare. Some are listed right away, and others are done after other events. I think the exclusive bvs Batman was listed a couple weeks later, after both sdcc and the Hong Kong show. Not 100% sure on if it was that one or another but I recall it happening.

It would be very unlikely it didn’t show up on Sideshow and a little unusual for it (or any other toyfair branded figure) to show up at sdcc.

Edit-I think the new avengers scarlet witch was one that was teased, then showed up at Asian shows, then eventually on Sideshow. There was a lot of people freaking out about that one if memory serves me. And maybe the rose hill stark was one that wasn’t on Sideshow. And two of the early mk6 variants I think.

i am curious to why this is a diecast figure

As subzro stated, it’s just a repaint of the upcoming mk4 diecast. Good way to help offset tooling costs for it and the mk6 by making a third figure with the same basic molds.

https://youtu.be/aUVObaDK3a8

Definitely in the minority here, but I mainly want it because I want an all black diecast suit haha.
Love the articulation of the Diecast VI and thid obviously will be very similar to it.

Just hoping and praying it goes up on Sideshow

Man, I love this thing! I pre-ordered the 1/6 Hot Toys Deathstroke as soon as it dropped yesterday...waiting on details to see if this guy is going to be available ANYWHERE online for preorder...so far no luck

This would make an awesome stealth suit--I know Hot Toys already released one, but this one, even thougj it doesn't look exactly like it, just has more of that vibe to it (and I picked up the issue where it first appeared off the stands 30 years ago.)

Nothing is more stealthy than some neon lights...haha just kidding. Actually if would be really cool if it were all black until you hit it with the uv but I don’t think that will be the case.

Isn’t this the first time a variation armor has been made in diecast? I’m really curious to get a better look at this...probably not buying but I have a feeling a pearly black paint job could look really good.

Nothing is more stealthy than some neon lights...haha just kidding. Actually if would be really cool if it were all black until you hit it with the uv but I don’t think that will be the case.

Isn’t this the first time a variation armor has been made in diecast? I’m really curious to get a better look at this...probably not buying but I have a feeling a pearly black paint job could look really good.

This is the only other diecast one i can think of

Mark III Stealth was diecast. This looks cool. Hopefully Sideshow sells some st a somewhat reasonable price.

E05A7F64-2C01-4BC7-BD27-D15F28C25E74.jpeg
B5269168-F373-46A6-975B-39D598C08621.jpeg
20262675-BFCC-4101-BC7A-5ED04A2BF437.jpeg
603B5A1E-5DD5-46BB-A8EE-9347A880F67B.jpeg

Gonna probably be a couple months before Sideshow gets it, if they get it.

Back