1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys have noone to blame but yourselves for this over priced accessory kit. Collectors will buy everything and anything, they have released 600 IM figures for a reason, because fanboys go nuts over them. The accessory kit is a rip off because it can be, and no matter how many people complain, it will still sell out.

I don't blame anyone. Just not buying it. And the crap is plastic. Not even die cast for that price.

They can keep it at that price. I don't usually put any use to accessories or extras but I was contemplating this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thats not the definition of rare.....

ROFL...
9ba23985d00fae59b5d104366533b9ae.gif

For the price plus $40 dollars where I am from in Asia. I can buy the regular dx16 Maul! It is just insane!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

At that price the accessory pack isnt happening for me, not when that stuff shuda been included with the 50.

Probably a fair bit of both. And I’m sure plenty of fake outrage from people who where never buying it anyway.

I wonder if more people are happy about the expansion pack ... or more people feel cheated?

Less cheated than a V2 figure later with them, but the high price of the set is the real stinger. Had it been $150 or less, I think it would have sold much better. The pieces aren’t die cast, right? That would at least help explain the price.

I’m concerned about the Endor Luke accessory set price now.

Meh. Hot Toys hadn’t seen the movie and were working off stuff provided to them. They crank out the Mark L and whiff on the included accessories that weren’t really memorable. If the Mark L was reasonably priced, and the accessory set was reasonably priced, there would definitely be less bitching and moaning.

I really loved IW1... and I would like an IM suit from it... but I'm just not so crazy about the 50...

...nor the impossible shape-shifting it can do without changing volume. I mean, the 8-year-old part of me enjoys the insanity of the suit and tons of crazy weapons... but the old man in me says dang-nabbit, that couldn't work.

Some IW concept art from the digital release:

Attachments

• DA8E205D-3A10-4885-AF96-083F235FC90E.jpg
    DA8E205D-3A10-4885-AF96-083F235FC90E.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 06826BC6-3422-4863-B5A3-820E2976D2F3.jpg
    06826BC6-3422-4863-B5A3-820E2976D2F3.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 201
  • F554D0F6-51B2-442C-839B-4CE43E205437.jpeg
    F554D0F6-51B2-442C-839B-4CE43E205437.jpeg
    349.1 KB · Views: 192
Anybody else worried about how all these accessories are going to effect the base figure? I can't say with any certainty, but many believe that Hulkbuster lost a lot in the way of articulation (not to mention the extended delays) due to altering the body to house the Mk43.

I just hope it doesn't negatively effect the base Mk50 with QC issues.

Eh, expansion set is a little over priced. But I think hot toys been over priced for a few years now. I don’t plan on buying another iron man after this and the mark 7 so I’m okay with it. But I do have concerns for future collectors whether this will be a new phase for hot toys by including expansion packs.

I have a feeling this will be worth picking up if only for the rarity in the future. Still frustrating though, it's the price of a whole figure! More than some, even. I feel like I'd be better off buying IW Widow or something than paying the Iron Man tax on this...

I saw this last night and almost puked. If it isn't price gouging at it's finest, I don't know what is.
Really glad I passed on the Mark "L" now. Sorry, but another almost $300 for a bunch of parts that will
sit in the box and one or two to display with the actual figure? No thanks.

Decided to PO the Mark IV and Gantry set… much nicer and a much better value than the big "L".

Back