1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can still get the suit just skip the accessory pack.

I'm not sure how much of a special edition that faceplate is. KGHobby is the only other place i see the set and it has the faceplate.

Not enough accessories for the price, IMO. Was waiting to see what they priced this set at. Beyond ridiculous.

You can still get the suit just skip the accessory pack.

I'm not sure how much of a special edition that faceplate is. KGHobby is the only other place i see the set and it has the faceplate.

KGHobby doesn't have the faceplate. And as somebody said, for the price of the base figure, there aren't enough accessories.

I know the argument if you're not happy about it, then don't buy it will come. I'm just saying that people want the accessories. But the price HT is charging for it is ridiculous. I think they should have just included all the accessories with the base figure and priced it accordingly. It can end up less for the total of the two as they're cutting down on packaging. Maybe it'll feel less of a rip off then.

Thing is, why have a very low production of the accessory set? Anybody getting the MK50 will most likely want the extra weapons. There is interest. There is no need to have low production of it and jack up the price. The accessory set is still not complete without the repulsor cannon, only one piece probably has minimal diecast, no LEDs, very late release date, and high price. The whole thing is just *****ty. At best, this should be around $100.

If it was just a bunch of snap on or hand held accessories then maybe. Though that’s a lot of tooling. But the problem is these require new engineering for the figure so they can be swapped out. Gotta offset that cost somehow, and why pass all that cost on to people who won’t all order the set.

KGHobby doesn't have the faceplate. And as somebody said, for the price of the base figure, there aren't enough accessories.

I know the argument if you're not happy about it, then don't buy it will come. I'm just saying that people want the accessories. But the price HT is charging for it is ridiculous. I think they should have just included all the accessories with the base figure and priced it accordingly. It can end up less for the total of the two as they're cutting down on packaging. Maybe it'll feel less of a rip off then.

My bad i thought it did. I have been jumping around to much looking at prices. I agree it is way overpriced closing in on Hulkbuster territory and think that was why SS delayed putting it up. I think everyone was betting around $100 tops. I wish i could have been a fly on the wall when HT decided what to charge for it.

Being a Iron Man pyscho i am not saying i will not get it but if i do i will not order a couple other figures i was intrested in to make myself feel slightly better

$240 for something that should be $50-$75 MAX. :rotfl

You have to pay $650+ for a complete 12 inch Iron Man figure. [emoji38] [emoji38] Go home Hot Toys you're drunk.

Explain to me how this is any different from the option to purchase the mk4 with gantry for $600, or without for less?

Is the mk4 not complete unless you spring for the gantry? It's just providing options for display.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

$240 for a pack containing 9 accessories of which 2 are considered to be used with Thanos figure which i will not order.... shame on you Hot Toys!!!

The PRICE of a MMS figure for a few accessories? Talk about jumping the price shark. Really look at what you get!

Yeah that’s kinda b.s that the battles damage face is an exclusive!! Never the less I pre ordered this and the L at least it’s spaced out but this will be my final iron man. I’ll have the mark 6/7 diecast and this plus the mark 1/4 warmachine so I’m good on anything else.

Yeah that’s kinda b.s that the battles damage face is an exclusive!! Never the less I pre ordered this and the L at least it’s spaced out but this will be my final iron man. I’ll have the mark 6/7 diecast and this plus the mark 1/4 warmachine so I’m good on anything else.

Just one last cigarette...what they all say. Then a diecast Mark 1 comes around.

I ordered/preordered ROTJ Luke, ROTJ Emperor delux and ESB Vader instead of this figure and accessories this week. I think I will be happier.

Hahaha this would now end up costing me about $900 CAD all said and done.

I was still considering getting the base figure but that price seems even more absurd now than it used to. Especially with the stand. It's one of the only die cast iron man suits that comes with the default movie stand, coupled with the fact that it has far less accessories than essentially all those releases, and yet is still going for a higher price than any that came before it.

The new DC MKVII shows that this pricing is going to be the new norm, but that suit comes with about the same amount of stuff as the 50 AND it's accessory pack, with a decent stand, and it costs a couple hundred dollars less. Plus it's a bulkier suit to begin with.

The transparency of how much this is clearly capitalizing on hype is insulting. Hopefully by Avengers 4 when this is an "old" suit, they'll have a release closer to the value of the VII.

Someone come tell me when it's revealed this figure is 93% metal and I might be a bit more flexible in my decision.

Throw in the repulsor cannons that come out from his back in the NY battle and a Tony Stark figure then we can talk about this $243 price tag. I also think with the mark VII for its price it should come with a Tony Stark in case you actually want to display the pod. Can recreate the scene where he’s falling out of the window. Otherwise that pod is pointless. Come one HT.

If the price for the accessory pack was about $100 less I'd buy it. The fact that this costs as much as a regular figure is absurd. I feel like they're taking advantage of the fact that most people will want these accessories if they get the base figure. Plus the Infinity War hype is still pretty high. I think part of the reason the base figure only comes with a few accessories is to boost the sales for this set. Overall I feel most of the stuff in the accessory pack should've been included with the base figure. The most expensive Iron Man figure yet (not including the Hulk Buster) but it comes with next to no accessories but you can buy them separately. I don't know, the more I think about it the more it bugs me. Sorry for the rant.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Just one last cigarette...what they all say. Then a diecast Mark 1 comes around.

I ordered/preordered ROTJ Luke, ROTJ Emperor delux and ESB Vader instead of this figure and accessories this week. I think I will be happier.

Lol!! No I can’t do anymore iron mans. I got the suits I loved from the MCU. I’m probably the few people who could care less about the mark 1 ( no offense it was cool)

Surprised the Nano-array was not included as it would have been very easy to do 4 strips with clear plastic stands on a base and was one of the most visually impressive nano tech things the suit did, much better than 3 types of swords/knives.

I am a huge IM fan from childhood, this will be my last order(well I may order something to use my points when they come in but they have definately outpriced my budget for a hobby.

Surprised the Nano-array was not included as it would have been very easy to do 4 strips with clear plastic stands on a base and was one of the most visually impressive nano tech things the suit did, much better than 3 types of swords/knives.

If they had included that, then the $200+ price may be somewhat reasonable.

I put in my order. Not terribly happy with the price, but as most have said here Iron Man collecting is winding down. Additionally, I shudder to think what the whole package will cost secondhand down the line. I dont doubt when this hits sold out, regardless of the price, there will be many kicking themselves for missing out.

I am a huge IM fan from childhood, this will be my last order(well I may order something to use my points when they come in but they have definately outpriced my budget for a hobby.

Agreed, the ability to recreate that scene is what would have gotten me to order this figure. Strange that the first representation of the suit on screen is non-existent on this figure.

Agreed, the ability to recreate that scene is what would have gotten me to order this figure. Strange that the first representation of the suit on screen is non-existent on this figure.

Time and effort. Most of these are basically plastic clipons. Some engineering, but nothing challenging. Having the nano array they probably decided would have been a little tricky to make it look good, and decided to do the easier options.

Back