1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

It looks awesome if you buy a whole bunch and do what they did at SDCC. But not at that price and not with that material. And if you have seven rows of these stacked six high, what's the likelihood it all comes crashing down two or three years from now?

Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

hallofarmordisplay.jpg
hallarmor.jpg

It's supposed to be "It's Good...something, something."

Does anybody know how these are arranged in the movie? Is it a semi-circle, a full circle (not like anybody would want to pose it that way if it were)?

It's supposed to be "It's Good...something, something."

Does anybody know how these are arranged in the movie? Is it a semi-circle, a full circle (not like anybody would want to pose it that way if it were)?

Full circle... or at least all around...

Thanks!

I really wanna see HT tempt fate and stack these seven across and six high. :lol

I have posted this to this thread before but I'll re-post it.

If you want to e movie accurate you have to build a floor between each level and a divide between each bay.

I plan to do this with wood and use it as a structural frame to support the individual bays

I have posted this to this thread before but I'll re-post it.

If you want to e movie accurate you have to build a floor between each level and a divide between each bay.

I plan to do this with wood and use it as a structural frame to support the individual bays

That's quite an ambitious project, more power to you, brother!

Have you not seen some of my projects? I don't let difficulty or cost interfere with what I want in our collection

However, this isn't that difficult and won't cost that much.

The floors / ceiling are thin, to be in scale 1/2 plywood will work.

All I need to do is make one pattern and cut the rest with my router and they will all match perfectly.

Then I'll make the spacers between each bay from standard pine 2x4s with an the angle cut on both side to properly align each bay.

Once that is done I'll spray paint the frame and the foam bays with a paint that works for both materials and looks like concrete.

All of this will sit below my work shop display and a new HOA with the standard radius.

I may offer people Wine Cellar kits for a reasonable price and I might decide to sell the "Straight" HOA display that currently sits on top of our entertainment cabinet.

Have you not seen some of my projects? I don't let difficulty or cost interfere with what I want in our collection

However, this isn't that difficult and won't cost that much.

The floors / ceiling are thin, to be in scale 1/2 plywood will work.

All I need to do is make one pattern and cut the rest with my router and they will all match perfectly.

Then I'll make the spacers between each bay from standard pine 2x4s with an the angle cut on both side to properly align each bay.

Once that is done I'll spray paint the frame and the foam bays with a paint that works for both materials and looks like concrete.

All of this will sit below my work shop display and a new HOA with the standard radius.

I may offer people Wine Cellar kits for a reasonable price and I might decide to sell the "Straight" HOA display that currently sits on top of our entertainment cabinet.

Cool.

So these cases just literally rest on top of each other then? Bit disappointing really, I prefer stability & wouldn't be happy with the idea of anything just resting on top of something else, especially if it's the same size so no really room for movement before it topples over. :(

So these cases just literally rest on top of each other then? Bit disappointing really, I prefer stability & wouldn't be happy with the idea of anything just resting on top of something else, especially if it's the same size so no really room for movement before it topples over. :(
Have no fear, they're made of super styrofoam.

Have no fear, they're made of super styrofoam.

Yeah, that sucks too for the price they are asking..., I'm thinking my retailer didn't list the materials being used for this on purpose now as they do for everything else they sell. :(

What's the over/under before these things undergo irreversible structural failure?

Another pic of the Hall of Armor.
14987174127_7880af84cc_b.jpg

I love that display but so far there are not enough suits to fill it 'properly' - they have IP and some of the Mark I - VII in there, and we already have the original HOA for them! and with what has been shown and with PO - there are only 11 so far....Red Snapper may 'just fit' but IGOR is NOT going into that HOA!

I don't have one but I have seen the reviews, the rear of these have thicker vertical and horizontal mouldings which add strength plus the cylindrical design is inherently strong. The tops have raised areas the bottoms have cut outs so they do lock somewhat together when stacked.

I would imagine 3 high is perfectly safe and there are lots of ways they could be further connected to make the whole structure stronger and more stable, in short they are more than likely perfectly good at doing what they are supose to do.

It's just really unfortunate there are to expensive.

I love that display. I would actually buy that many if they had a close front to them. Don't like my figs exposed to dust etc.. Like to keep them in a case

I don't have one but I have seen the reviews, the rear of these have thicker vertical and horizontal mouldings which add strength plus the cylindrical design is inherently strong. The tops have raised areas the bottoms have cut outs so they do lock somewhat together when stacked.

I would imagine 3 high is perfectly safe and there are lots of ways they could be further connected to make the whole structure stronger and more stable, in short they are more than likely perfectly good at doing what they are supose to do.

It's just really unfortunate there are to expensive.

Thanks for explaining that for me, sounding much better now. :) Do you think Red Snapper would fit in a hall of armour case? I'm thinking about dust & as those have a door, well they might be better cases to have.

Back