1/6 Hot Toys - Episode VI: Return of the Jedi -Han Solo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ultimate Unison ROTJ Han still blows this out of the water. Look at that accurate shirt color.

View attachment 687020

:chase
I still enjoy the old EB/MEDI Solo.šŸ˜

The new HT version is a big step up though(minus the shirt colour and the old-man wrinkled hands), and a must have!

Now we just need a better looking Chewie. Third time lucky...PRETTY PLEASE HOT TOYS:pray:

DSC_0372.JPG

Thanks to all those fomo folks. Now I donā€™t feel bad for not contributing. Wait for another Han with better likeness. Could just be Iā€™m stupid but I donā€™t see Harrison Ford in this sculpt.
What is interesting is when I first saw the HT photos on Instagram I thought "that looks nothing like Ford". Once I started seeing side by side with movie stills I realized that the ROTJ version of Ford looks way different than ESB and certainly ANH. Plus, Ford is one of those people that can look wildly different based on lighting and facial expression. I still hope the soften the age lines a bit and de-poof the hair, but I've definitely warmed up to this being a pretty awesome release.

Itā€™s a very similar promo to the Artisan Anakin figure. Similar base too. I wonder if this was intended to be an Artisan figure earlier in the development.
I thought that as well. Speculating that this was to be an artisan release but they couldn't get the hair to work. This version could be the "non-artisan" version they had planned as an alternative...

I thought that as well. Speculating that this was to be an artisan release but they couldn't get the hair to work. This version could be the "non-artisan" version they had planned as an alternative...
There would have been riots in the streets if they hadn't made this widely available :ROFLMAO:

Itā€™s just the bad hair sculpt for me. I question whether or not ones saying this is a bad likeness or poorly chosen facial expression have actually seen ROTJ.

All I see is the best 1/6 Ford likeness to date.

View attachment 686889
Looks spot on here for sure. Great comparison! Still really love my ANH Han though so Iā€™m on the fence about getting this. Might wait it out for the ā€œinevitableā€ bespin one which is my top choice since I prob donā€™t need three variations of the same character in my collectionā€¦ or do I??

I ordered 1 today and will order another soon. I have the same misgivings as many others on the hair, but gotta support any Han release in the hope they do Bespin and especially Hoth version in the big jacket and hood, goggles etc

Enough with the rubbish Disney shows please HT. You can see people are struggling to give away even the good early season Mando figures at this point. And that was an acclaimed show back then.

Why did the ewoks have a complete human female sized outfit ready to go, why did they force her to change out of her rebel uniform, and who supervised this? :dunno :lecture
Because Ewoks enjoy dining on humans and sometimes save their clothes for repurposing. Leia is obviously wearing a dead girls gown...

It's bizarre that they went with the light shirt color. I guess its cool if you want to dirty an extra one up for a Skiff scene.

I'm so excited for an OT Han and I'll definitely order it (though it's still third choice for me behind ANH and ESB). The hair is a bit poofy and I wish they had gone with more of his half-smirk "who me" facial expression (or better yet - considering that Harrison Ford has such a range of classic expressions in the films - a couple of swap out face plates as they've done for several other characters). I also wish HT would make a series of clothing sets so you could basically make whichever version (Hoth, Bespin, Endor, etc) you needed.

Ordered 2 this morning and will probably get a third to do the no vest look for jabba.

What do I do now? What do I complain about?
I feel like a sports fan like a cubs or Red Sox fan, when their team finally won the World Series. They lost their identity and are just like everyone else.
So much of my collecting identity the last few years has been lamenting no Han. Who do I complain about?
Greedo? Veers? Snaggletooth?
I think Iā€™ll go pick a fight on Twitter with Sequel fans.

Go pick a fight with FB TBB fans, 95% of whom are raving that Tech is fixing to be resurrected from the grave. This is arrant nonsense that has been debunked by the LFL production team, but he's still coming back because:

*What about Echo?! Huh? Huh???!! Echo was dead too, WHAT ABOUT THAT!!
*Somehow Palpatine returned
*WHAT ABOUT BOBA FETT???!!!!
*WHAT ABOUT DARTH MAUL???????
*What about Starkiller?.....
*What about that guy all in black armor in the S3 trailer? That is NOT Crosshair, that is Tech! *annoyed* god almighty have mercy

..... and so, so many others. Yes this is all true, that happened BUT the production team -did- actually say, Tech is dead. The Season 3 trailer said Tech was dead. The fact that people have hit the Respawn point in Star Wars before does not mean that every last person who dies is respawning.

I invite you to go [verbally] beat some sense into these teenage idiots. Its too easy, but it passes the time.

With that said, I am almost tempted by this trenchcoat-wearing Solo. He do look nice. This may be the last Solo we see for years, so I suggest those on the fence, dont sit there too long.

I'd love to get a second one to display without the coat, since he doesn't wear it for the entire final battle, but not until they fix the shirt color as all that white is way too distracting.

It's bizarre that they went with the light shirt color. I guess its cool if you want to dirty an extra one up for a Skiff scene.
I wonder if they just borrowed the shirt from their Bespin Han proto and were hoping people wouldn't notice. Hopefully it's just a placeholder though and something that will be corrected for the final figure.

I know, but how many years has it been since we saw Bespin Han's shoulder in a promo for another HT Bespin figure. And isn't the HT Bespin Han Speculation thread possibly the longest-running on the board at this point.

The coat is staying in my box. I want an ESB Han, but I will settle for this one. I have learned my lesson with HT. Get this while it is available

I know, but how many years has it been since we saw Bespin Han's shoulder in a promo for another HT Bespin figure. And isn't the HT Bespin Han Speculation thread possibly the longest-running on the board at this point.
Thatā€™s true. We did have that little teaser back then. Maybe that was just ROTJ Han in a blue jacket. šŸ˜

Back