1/6 Hot Toys - DX26 - Obi-Wan Kenobi Series : Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^yes indeed^^^

And considering this is being pushed as a "DX" figure, such a relevant accessory should have just been included. Keep the nonsense bits of blue plastic as the so-called bonus accessories and make the DX truly a DX again...

They really should stick with those non-essential holograms as the special accessory. Some people I'm sure actually collect just those.
Totally agreed. If the exclusive had just been the hologram of Bail I would have waited on pre-ordering. I guess it is what it is.

All the planets had to align for me to pre order this one. It just happened to drop the last day of a $20 off coupon. That timed exclusive just really got me. Really surprised that went with such an important piece for the exclusive instead of the usual hologram. I can't look at this sculpt anymore though. Not until I hear they've updated it. I just can't get the picture of out of my head of Ewan McGregor eating shellfish or something and having an allergic reaction. That's what this sculpt looks like to me. A swollen, puffy mess. The special accessory should've been an EpiPen.

I’m really not worried about the sculpt. I know the prototype doesn’t look the greatest but there have been so few times I’ve been truly disappointed in a Hot Toys final release that I trust them.

Plus I feel like they’ve stepped up their game and have improved upon figures that some found questionable (Peacemaker and Pattinson Batman recently for instance).

I have a feeling that the closer to the actual release date we’ll see Sideshow offer a “second chance” on the exclusives.

Personally I'm not even going to consider ordering this until release. I want to see the final release headsculpt before I spend any money. If I miss the special accessory then so be it.

Doing the same, I want this figure, but he needs to actually look like Ewan McGregor for me to buy it.

You’re welcome…

8D57D815-4024-46AF-9A24-1BA975D3EBDD.jpeg

One day left to get the Obi-Wan bonus accessory, which I actually think is pretty good as far as bonus accessories go. The likeness might not be a 10/10 but I gotta say the value here for $295 is quite a bit greater than some of the recent Marvel announcements hovering around $300-$305.

Agreed, it's easily one of the best exclusive accessories. Which makes it all the more disappointing it's time gated.

I'd put it up with the Stromtrooper belts and E-11s with ANH Luke and Han and the Iron Man Mk 3 2.0 battle damaged helmet which is also disappointingly time limited.

Some people who didn't know about the Obi-Wan exclusive are going to be upset. Especially since they kind of stealthily added the timer last minute.

Back