1/6 Hot Toys - DX26 - Obi-Wan Kenobi Series : Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You all that are getting this figure, did you enjoy the show?

I enjoyed it, but man seems no place to share the enjoyment here.
I went to the Kenobi thread and its like a bitter sweet symphony...
without the sweet symphony.
View attachment 592588
Didn't like the show at all. Awful show. I do like Ewan as Obi-Wan though, however, I'm on the fence about the figure due to the poor headsculpt.
There are a few on here that liked Kenobi, somehow, and I'm sure you'd be able to have pleasant discussion with them in the Kenobi thread if you wanted to.

I am getting it. I thought the show had moments of greatness. The 150 minute fan edit is much better.

Same here. Enjoyed the show for the most part but that fan edit is enhancing the experience quite a bit.
I need to check out that fan edit.
Didn't like the show at all. Awful show. I do like Ewan as Obi-Wan though, however, I'm on the fence about the figure due to the poor headsculpt.
There are a few on here that liked Kenobi, somehow, and I'm sure you'd be able to have pleasant discussion with them in the Kenobi thread if you wanted to.
I have to agree with you on the headsculpt for this figure. Its pretty far from accurate imo. I heard HT might do some tweaking? That would be great.

Appreciate all your input!

I need to check out that fan edit.

I have to agree with you on the headsculpt for this figure. Its pretty far from accurate imo. I heard HT might do some tweaking? That would be great.

Appreciate all your input!
If you enjoyed the Kenobi series and want a more positive discussion, Khev in particular made some really insightful posts in that thread.

I strongly suspect they'll tweak the sculpt. Hopefully for the better....
I'm going to wait for release to see the finished version before I spend anything.

I'd actually rather have the outfit version we saw at the very end of the show, the SS Mythos style outfit.

It is an awesome fan edit and I have it saved for rewatches. I loved the show, but I won't deny it has flaws. Overall, it was AWESOME to see Ewan and Hayden again with the flashbacks and their confrontations. Vader is so good in his scenes (dual welding!), the final fight was so good, and their final convo makes me tear up everytime. I can't wait to collect figs from this show. I have Vader and Kenobi DXs on order and I tracked down Mythos Kenobi for a discount because of that last scene.

It is an awesome fan edit and I have it saved for rewatches. I loved the show, but I won't deny it has flaws. Overall, it was AWESOME to see Ewan and Hayden again with the flashbacks and their confrontations. Vader is so good in his scenes (dual welding!), the final fight was so good, and their final convo makes me tear up everytime. I can't wait to collect figs from this show. I have Vader and Kenobi DXs on order and I tracked down Mythos Kenobi for a discount because of that last scene.
I’m pretty much out of the Star Wars hot toys game but I preordered both of those as well. Though I did go with the single head damaged vader over the true deluxe

Are these new HT lightsabers any good? Does anyone have one yet and does the LED actually light up the entirety of the blade?

A realistic, full, brightly glowing lightsaber effect for these figures seems like a simple thing for HT to accomplish if they would put some effort into development, and really should be an included feature at these prices, IMO. I'm thinking something like the neo-pixel tech on a smaller scale. My custom neo-pixel saber looks astonishingly close to a real, screen accurate lightsaber, my sons love it! 👇

Anyway, hoping someone can describe the improvements/differences in these new HT lightsabers for me. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20220819_141934.jpg
    20220819_141934.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The Kenobi figure will be our first figure with the new USB lightsabers, so sometime next Christmas we'll get an idea of how they are.

Maybe looks a little better in that pic. Still overall not a great looking figure to me. I think it’s the proportions in general that are off there. Either a small sculpt or everything else looks oversized.

But then again it could just be lighting and futzing and what not.

Looks improved, and without that sense of him being upside down and slightly swelled up. I'd love to have seen the Tibidon Station version (the blue shirt and poncho), but I understand why they are producing this version - it's designed to go with their Vader.

Back