1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scene where Luke is force crushing the Dark Trooper only shows it being destroyed from the waist up. So while it still may seem weird not to have the entire body, it's screen accurate.

dacc262345e365410842b47512e4a974.png

You just have to imagine his legs. lol

vlcsnap-2021-08-02-07h24m12s086.png

I'll have the torso as wreckage at Luke's feet.

While a nifty display of the force, that 'kill' seemed un-Jedi like. It was unnecessary posing when he'd been simply slicing the others up with his saber. He was taking pleasure with this one.

We knew it was coming, so it’s nice to finally see it.

I just wish they had picked a different word for their Deluxe versions (with extra accessories) because now it gets a little mixed up with their DX name (with moving eyes).

And on top of that this has a Special Edition version.

So you could potentially be ordering the Sideshow Exclusive DX Deluxe Special Edition The Mandalorian Luke Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure.
I agree om the different wording. I've seen people who think that DX is Deluxe but that's not the case. DX = moving eyes (and better packaging) while Deluxe = more accessories.

So now we have 4 different versions for this one:
F3FC5E4F-1D34-4EBC-9B4D-3ABEB9119D59.jpeg
BDF1D2DF-CA4C-4E7F-A521-3D7EFFA099FC.jpeg
989A5D3D-3CF8-4C2A-9869-E5FEF22626F6.jpeg
8F3C6281-58F8-43EC-B1E6-30F2EE6FEA6E.jpeg

The scene where Luke is force crushing the Dark Trooper only shows it being destroyed from the waist up. So while it still may seem weird not to have the entire body, it's screen accurate.

dacc262345e365410842b47512e4a974.png
Hmmmm...I disagree with that. Not really screen accurate just because it’s not fully shown in a particular frame. It’s a nice accessory but just a little odd to have it displayed on a post in mid air for no reason. If anything it might look good just tossed on the ground as a piece of wreckage.

Gotta have this. Now that it comes with a crushed Dark Trooper I may have to get a full Dark Trooper to go with it.

And another Grogu. He can stay in the box!

While a nifty display of the force, that 'kill' seemed un-Jedi like. It was unnecessary posing when he'd been simply slicing the others up with his saber. He was taking pleasure with this one.

It was so satisfying though. Proof that Luke became BA and didn't turn into the weak loser he was portrayed as in the ST.

I hope Hot Toys/Sideshow continue offering the holograms as their special edition versions , because they're something I can easily do without.

In the old days Sideshow made it more essential to get the 'exclusive' edition, since they included an extra sculpt or a 1/6 Kenner weapon/accessory. (For example, the Sideshow Luke Hoth Wampa damaged sculpt made a great second figure).

The holograms are reminiscent of the figures that came with Hasbro's 3 3/4" line for a while, and they never felt essential back then. Though I did try a few of them out with Sideshow's light up Obi-Wan table. lol

HT has milked Mandolorian to a point that I’m starting to dislike STAR WARS. Star Trek where you at?? I need a vacay!!!
Personally enjoying the reveals, but overwhelmed by the amount of figures. It’s actually making it easier for me to pass on most them and keep my Mando shelf to just a couple of versions. Space and budget going to filling out my LOTR collection.

You just have to imagine his legs. lol

View attachment 533240

I'll have the torso as wreckage at Luke's feet.

True but this is the same Luke who force choked the Gamorrean guard at Jabbas palace and threatened Jabba with death. Both very unconventional Jedi types of behavior. Skywalkers are just very attuned to the force, to the point they can’t just stay on one side of it.

Personally enjoying the reveals, but overwhelmed by the amount of figures. It’s actually making it easier for me to pass on most them and keep my Mando shelf to just a couple of versions. Space and budget going to filling out my LOTR collection.
I do wonder how many sales they are losing due to the flood of figures overwhelming many collectors. I am passing on more and more figures I would have bought if there was more breathing room.

Back