1/6 Hot Toys - CMS 011: Boba Fett Arena Suit (Toy Fair 2022 Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While a striking image/figure for a random Mando - for Boba, It takes all of the individuality out of the character and makes him just another empire looking trooper. Vader's beyotch if you will.

I haven't read the comic.

While a striking image/figure for a random Mando - for Boba, It takes all of the individuality out of the character and makes him just another empire looking trooper. Vader's beyotch if you will.

As opposed to when he was gonna be an all-white version of everything you just mentioned instead?:lol

B90B9DE4-6BC6-462B-A6DC-AC52E7246ECF.jpeg

Thats the problem here. If you read it, youd know this was not a random decision, nor was it permanent. The color change was only for a few hours.

Fett needs a not inconsiderable amount of cash, so he signs up as a fight-pit gladiator. He fights his way through an entire stable of other gladiators. When he kills his final opponent, an honestly-creepy giant spider woman, the Hutt cartel who owned her tells him they are keeping his winnings and taking him as slave so that he can repay them. He promptly tells them to kriff off. All that, and for nothing.

Not having a good day, at all.

Just wanted to point this out from Reagan's video since it was tucked away at the end.

Some of the armor plates are now velcro backed like Din Djarin's.

I'm glad they did this since plate alignment was hit or miss sometimes when they were permanently attached.

And the flak vest does appear to be pleather like Jango and Death Watch Mandalorian. Would've been nice if it were fabric, but maybe they wanted some contrast between the vest and the flight suit.

BFAAV.png

Dunno. All the wonderful design elements of the original seem to get lost in all that black. It may have translated well on the page of a comic where artistic license could highlight some features, but to me the figure looks like a glob.

Just wanted to point this out from Reagan's video since it was tucked away at the end.

Some of the armor plates are now velcro backed like Din Djarin's.

I'm glad they did this since plate alignment was hit or miss sometimes when they were permanently attached.

And the flak vest does appear to be pleather like Jango and Death Watch Mandalorian. Would've been nice if it were fabric, but maybe they wanted some contrast between the vest and the flight suit.

View attachment 587489

..... But why cant it be polished cotton? Why does it HAAAAAVE to be pleather? iI would think polished cotton would even be cheaper.

Rhetorical question only

I am more and more tempted to pick this up but I absolutely hate that pleather undersuit, a completely unnecessary choice on the part of Hot Toys. I’ve gotten rid of all but 4-5 figures in my collection that have significant amounts of pleather—the ones I still have are just cheap figs like TFA Finn, TFA Han Solo, or Dusty Deadpool—and have been trying to avoid adding new stuff with pleather jackets or bodysuits.

Back