1/6 Hot Toys Avengers Iron Man MkVII (7) Sub-Zero edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my preorder in for this. When I added it to cart sideshow offered me the iron man tank 1/6 figure for $59 off, I passed on that offer. Did anyone else get that offer?

I have my preorder in for this. When I added it to cart sideshow offered me the iron man tank 1/6 figure for $59 off, I passed on that offer. Did anyone else get that offer?

Me too, but when I tried claiming the offer on my phone it didn't respond, so I proceeded to finalise my subzero order. I tried searching for it again but nothing popped up.

$59 off is very tempting given that it's an exclusive and I don't have heartbreaker, o well

Is this actually going to be limited to 800 figures or is that just to get everyone to pre-order? I wonder how much time I have to decide to pre-order or not..

Is this actually going to be limited to 800 figures or is that just to get everyone to pre-order? I wonder how much time I have to decide to pre-order or not..

It's limited to 800 through Chocoolate. That version has a different base cover and a couple tshirts and maybe a different slip cover. If you notice that sideshow didn't list that number.

After owning the stealth and seeing how cheap and flimsy it felt in hand, I'm not even going to entertain this one....you boys have fun with it

I didn't find stealth cheap or flimsy. To me it was a great figure. This one will look great with it.

It's limited to 800 through Chocoolate. That version has a different base cover and a couple tshirts and maybe a different slip cover. If you notice that sideshow didn't list that number.

Thanks for clearing that up. I wonder when this will hit waitlist status on SS

:pfft:@5:30pm First reaction was, "Another Mark vii"?.... "Pass"!
:gah:@6:05pm Thoughts about it selling out......
:panic:@6:15.09pm secs Frantically ran to the computer...ORDERED!!
:blissy@6:15.27pm secs Pleased and Satisfied.
:(@2:04am NRD confirmation email arrives... The Sham, The Dirty Dirty Sham sets in......

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Lord no.

"Introducing the new and exciting repaint of Iron Man that was never in any film, baby poo brown. It's got an 'exclusive' sticker on the box. Plus it comes with a NEW HAT!"

So your calling someone who happens to like something you don't a sucker, but I'm sure you buy some figures or statues or props that cost hundreds of dollars and spend time talking on the internet about your collection. But others are th suckers because they like something you happen to not like. Yep. Every figure, movie, statue ect is some type of derivation of something that's already been done. Every terminator, predator, iron man, storm trooper, batman is essentially the same thing just different colors and slight modifications.

And if it had been in th film for some arbitrary amount of time that changes it to a good buy? Since you brought up screen time.

And your taking the time to go into a thread about something you have ZERO interest in just so you can tell other people how stupid they are for spending their own money on something that you don't like. Class act

So your calling someone who happens to like something you don't a sucker, but I'm sure you buy some figures or statues or props that cost hundreds of dollars and spend time talking on the internet about your collection. But others are th suckers because they like something you happen to not like. Yep. Every figure, movie, statue ect is some type of derivation of something that's already been done. Every terminator, predator, iron man, storm trooper, batman is essentially the same thing just different colors and slight modifications.

And if it had been in th film for some arbitrary amount of time that changes it to a good buy? Since you brought up screen time.

And your taking the time to go into a thread about something you have ZERO interest in just so you can tell other people how stupid they are for spending their own money on something that you don't like. Class act

Quite the extrapolated strawman. No, it's "suckerbait" because a large number of people who buy this are going to look at this in a couple of years and think "WTF was I thinking? I car not one jot for this.".

Now, to all you folk who really wanted an all-white IM figure, congrats. To all those who are simply buying it because of the new hat, you will regret it, at some point. Even if, one day, you eventually make a profit from it.

Lessons learned. Some expensive.

I disagree with everything you said Mr Walker.
If someone loves it now then why not buy it? Yes people can change their mind later but isn't that the fun of collecting? You go through phases and changes to spice it up. Doesn't mean this is "sucker bait" Just means it's a new option for iron man collectors. Nothing more, nothing less.
You don't like it, that's fine. Plenty of other people do. That's the great thing about being an individual. How boring would this hobby or any other hobby be if we all liked the same things?

I disagree with everything you said Mr Walker.

I don't expect agreement to brutal honesty (and experience). Never have. Indeed, I welcome it. But... are you gonna buy the baby poo brown version? How about "snot green with flecks of chunky brown special TB" version? Slap a repaint on that ish!

Oh, and just for the record, I don't "not like it". I actually think it looks quite cool (pun intended). I just don't let that blind me to what it is. New hat version.

You make it sound like your opinion is the only right one.
Some other people have collected for awhile also and know the "deal"
I'm an iron man collector. I like the different colors in my collection so I will buy it. It's what I collect.
I don't understand why you would come to a thread to just **** on a new figure because it's a repaint.
Star Wars troopers do the same and people who collect them also love a different repaint.

Back