1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not too keen on the idea of these hot toys scout boots deteriorating in a few years or if they do. I too liked the sculpted plastic boots on SS scout, but the holster on the SS boots probably wont facilitate the larger HT blaster.
Yeah, holster is far too small for the HT pistol.

I'm not too keen on the idea of these hot toys scout boots deteriorating in a few years or if they do. I too liked the sculpted plastic boots on SS scout, but the holster on the SS boots probably wont facilitate the larger HT blaster.
Why ? The holster on the SSC boots is made for the teeny cricket blaster.
Because the HT boots might deteriorate in time. And I can always keep the EC-17 blaster in his hand.

I guess if you dip your figures feet in acid that will probably happen lol
Not necessarily. I've seen pics of Tarkin with peeling boots already, not to mention other figures. Yes they might last a while, but I still cannot comprehend the lack of interest from Hot Toys in using better materials.

I'm more a fan of well sculpted boots. The pleather ones never seem to crease realistically or have convincing texture.

But the SSC Scout boots looked more like rubber work boots than the costume to me. They were too chunky, too short and way too weathered. I did like the shoe/sole area sculpt though - seemed like it was everything above that was the problem.

When the HT Scouts arrive I will compare them with the Sideshow one I have. Online pics are ok, but nothing beats in hand comparison of the figures.

With RP and the current coupon I can take $100 off this set...thoughts on doing much better in the future? The lack of fanfare makes me hesitant to bite, expecting a bit better later on.

Single trooper (at discounted price) is sold out at TWonderland. I guess it will appear again.

With RP and the current coupon I can take $100 off this set...thoughts on doing much better in the future? The lack of fanfare makes me hesitant to bite, expecting a bit better later on.
I was debating the same thing. Coupon and rewards will get me $100 off but I’m betting this will get discounted.
I saw Tony Cheung selling them for $340 shipped but by the time I contacted him he had sold out so I just snagged the single from him. I’m hoping he gets some more.

I was debating the same thing. Coupon and rewards will get me $100 off but I’m betting this will get discounted.
I saw Tony Cheung selling them for $340 shipped but by the time I contacted him he had sold out so I just snagged the single from him. I’m hoping he gets some more.

Tony Cheung? I'm unfamiliar with him.

The question I have, is that at least stateside, what would we get? $5 shipping or 15% from Sideshow? All together then it really isn't that big of a difference.

My worry is that these are made in smaller numbers and once they're gone they're gone. It's my favorite Trooper, so I'm hesitant to hold out

Received mine yesterday from Sideshow. Beautiful piece, IMO! Feels like you get your $500 worth, since the vehicle is included.
How is it I ordered when it first went live and I've been pushed back to next month for final payment? Seriously SS???

I ordered my single Scout last Wednesday and received him today.

Not sure how Sideshow goes about deciding when to ship items. This isn't anything new though.

Quick out of the box picture. I am definitely planning on doing the "helmet mod".

20220823_152655.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered my single Scout last Wednesday and received him today.

Not sure how Sideshow goes about deciding when to ship items. This isn't anything new though.

Quick out of the box picture. I am definitely planning on doing the "helmet mod".

View attachment 596056

So this mod was mentioned a ways back as well. What exactly is this mod? I'm assuming it's for the gap, but how is this being achieved?

So this mod was mentioned a ways back as well. What exactly is this mod? I'm assuming it's for the gap, but how is this being achieved?
You take the helmet apart, trim away plastic that causes the "gap", sand and then re-attach the visor.

I really like this figure. As others have shown, he is a bit taller than his Mandalorian counterpart.

20220823_201653.jpg

Back