1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the extra height make it easier to get the hunkered down pose on the speeder bike?

Only reason I could think of for them to change it out if they weren’t satisfied with how the Remnant Scout looked on the bike.

Hopefully it doesn’t mean future troopers will be in this body because that would feel like unnecessary scale creep.

I have so many fond memories as a kid with the old 1980s Kenner version of this guy and the bike.
I could care less about the helmet gap. This thing is perfect.
DSCF1283-2.jpg

Had the chance to try out the articulation, and yeah the padded under suit is restrictive particularly in the shoulders as I remember @irezumi mentioned. They tend to spring back into place when moving the arms forward.

Futzing with the suit to gain some slack in the arms helps a bit, but still fairly tight without some under suit modding. The Remnant Scout's aren't as bulked up in the shoulder area.

Regardless of this, it's a great Trooper and I can't wait to add the Bike set soon! Thanks for sharing the great pics everyone!

1661483007197.jpeg

1661483103438.jpeg

1661483215494.jpeg

1661483537533.jpeg

1661483323991.jpeg

1661483355223.jpeg

DLT-19X comparison....
Hot Toys (top)
3d printed-unpainted (bottom)

1661483696041.jpeg

1661483712746.jpeg

Last edited:
Had the chance to try out the articulation, and yeah the padded under suit is restrictive particularly in the shoulders as I remember @irezumi mentioned. They tend to spring back into place when moving the arms forward.

Futzing with the suit to gain some slack in the arms helps a bit, but still fairly tight without some under suit modding. The Remnant Scout's aren't as bulked up I shoulder area.

Regardless of this, it's a great Trooper and I can't wait to add the Bike set soon! Thanks for sharing the great pics everyone!

View attachment 596447
View attachment 596448
View attachment 596451
View attachment 596455
View attachment 596453
View attachment 596454

DLT-19X comparison....
Hot Toys (top)
3d printed-unpainted (bottom)

View attachment 596456
View attachment 596457
That's a great pose!👌

I would love to see photos of the helmet mod and the end results, mainly to judge if it is something I could do myself.

I looked at the helmet modification idea and the thing that puts me off is the dome/forehead above the visor increases and looks off if you push it backwards.
It's hard for me to describe what I'm trying to say is if you trim the part that's holding it out from sitting flush, then the visor will have to lower to meet the back of the helmet.

I looked at the helmet modification idea and the thing that puts me off is the dome/forehead above the visor increases and looks off if you push it backwards.
It's hard for me to describe what I'm trying to say is if you trim the part that's holding it out from sitting flush, then the visor will have to lower to meet the back of the helmet.
I see what you mean. But that's far less apparent than the gap on the sides. After all it's a trade off.

Thanks. I hope someone who has done it will post some photos on here for us to look at. The Scout Trooper is my favourite Trooper, wish Hot Toys had put that little bit of extra care into this figure. Considering the cost they really should put 100% into every figure.

Back