1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the ROTJ Scout stand just a piece of flat plastic with a sticker looking like Endor soil?

Yes. There's no diorama aspect to it, or even additional foliage as with Endor Luke or Leia.

HT ROTJ Scout 11.jpg

That's cheap. The Sideshow stand at least had those extra logs you could add to the display as a nice Endor dio. Hmmm, I might use the Sideshow stand for one of the Scouts or make something myself. We'll see.

That's cheap. The Sideshow stand at least had those extra logs you could add to the display as a nice Endor dio. Hmmm, I might use the Sideshow stand for one of the Scouts or make something myself. We'll see.

There's going to be that Yoda base with Ahsoka that I was going to use for the mountain man, Hugh Glass, but maybe it'd be better for the Scout.

51119768005_f328430349_o.jpg

At least if they used the same mold from Sandtrooper and Snowtrooper and add some green and brown. Not just a flat colored sticker.

Maybe they were feeling the heat from the complaints about the sand base re-use. lol

I wish they'd stick to some kind of uniformity, but it's hit or miss what they'll decided to do for each figure.

Maybe they were feeling the heat from the complaints about the sand base re-use. lol

I wish they'd stick to some kind of uniformity, but it's hit or miss what they'll decided to do for each figure.
To be honest my favorite stands would be with clear bases and clear supporting rods. Somehow similar to the old Medicom stands. And HT could add the diorama cover for various figures if you want to use it. I also prefer the old HT simple black oval stands. I have 10-12 similar ones in storage, some day I might replace all HT stands with those.

To be honest my favorite stands would be with clear bases and clear supporting rods. Somehow similar to the old Medicom stands. And HT could add the diorama cover for various figures if you want to use it. I also prefer the old HT simple black oval stands. I have 10-12 similar ones in storage, some day I might replace all HT stands with those.

The black oval were my favourite for uniformity, and having all figures standing at the same level.

They're still my 'go to' base for baseless third party figures and kit bashes as the Red Team brand can be found really cheap. However, the upright supports don't lock in tight like they used to, and rock back and forth, so I end up gluing them in for stability.

I'm going to get a fish tank to display mine in. Get an Endor background for the back wall of the tank. Some aquarium/reptile tank accessories (not deep sea diver and treasure chest). Probably make a few things too.

I'm going to get a fish tank to display mine in. Get an Endor background for the back wall of the tank. Some aquarium/reptile tank accessories (not deep sea diver and treasure chest). Probably make a few things too.

Years ago at a car boot sale I bought a load of these:

51406259014_6b74cc9be8_o.jpg

Don't know if they were intended for aquariums. They're various plastic plants glued to resin or polystone rocks and tree stumps. There's a much bigger one that I used as a background for Dagobah Yoda.

Originally I was using them as alien landscape for 28mm war gaming, then decided to stick them around the Endor figures. I always mean to make a proper diorama with them, but haven't got round to it.

To be honest my favorite stands would be with clear bases and clear supporting rods. Somehow similar to the old Medicom stands.

I actually haven't been a fan of the clear stands.

I did find that a clear Mediciom base was a perfect match for the clear rod that came with Vader's Interrogator Droid. The stand it came with was really flimsy plastic, like the Jawa and Power Droid base toppers.

The most recent clear stand I received with a figure was Master Team's TLOU2 Ellie. I ended up giving it to Catwoman and imagined she was standing on a skylight.

Don't know if they were intended for aquariums. They're various plastic plants glued to resin or polystone rocks and tree stumps. There's a much bigger one that I used as a background for Dagobah Yoda.

Originally I was using them as alien landscape for 28mm war gaming, then decided to stick them around the Endor figures. I always mean to make a proper diorama with them, but haven't got round to it.

Nice, yes similar things to that. I was going to build a jungle diorama for my Predator figures a few years back and managed to find some decent looking fake plants etc. The better stuff seemed to be made for reptile tanks. A lot of the aquarium stuff was very plastic looking and unrealistic green shades etc
I'll probably use modelling clay to build a few things, little bases I can place around the tank with moss and plants. Some of the little wood logs for reptile tanks. Paint them up to look like Endor trees.

Stormies.jpg

Yes, you can add a variety of accessories to a diorama scene. I usually hit up Walmart, Petsmart, Michaels and various local aquarium shops. Will probably do the same as you where a tank is concerned. I did opt for a single Scout and Scout with bike, then I changed my preorder to just two individual Scouts. Will add them with the two ROTJ Stormies.

I love the set, hate the base. I don't get Justin gushing about the 'realism'.

As a modeller from way back, and someone who's actually spent time in these environments, that base looks like a cheap fishbowl ornament. The paint finish is waxy, the detail is weak and low resolution, the plants are rudimentary and out of scale with a cheap dollar store plastic finish.

Way to take a nicely detailed set and downgrade it.

I would have much preferred a clear or plain black base. I'll either purchase a plain stand or make one with realistic terrain, if I wind up keeping this set when I get it.

View attachment 536121
Yes, you can add a variety of accessories to a diorama scene. I usually hit up Walmart, Petsmart, Michaels and various local aquarium shops. Will probably do the same as you where a tank is concerned. I did opt for a single Scout and Scout with bike, then I changed my preorder to just two individual Scouts. Will add them with the two ROTJ Stormies.

Nice work. Hoping to build something similar.

While we're awaiting HT's version of this set (and yes, I ordered it, addict that I am), I'll still throw it out there that the Sideshow one holds up well for me...

Here's a fresh look at this old favorite:

FIGHT IN THE FOREST.jpg

While the HT bike prototype looks....good, I still really like the distressed deco on the SSC one. It will be interesting to see how the HT one comes through production. The HT scout is looking a little more Mando-ized than ROTJ and the deco looks a little on the heavy side, but we'll just have to wait to see what production brings for the HT edition. Regardless of how the HT comes out, I'm still hanging on to the SSC one.

This is my Scout display right now, definitely looking to see what I will do when the HT speederbike and Scout arrive:

display Sandtroopers & Scouts.jpg

The ugly white wall at the end of my Endor display has always annoyed me.

To make it feel more enclosed I cut up a big sheet of cardboard to match up with the back wall, which is a continuation of the MDF that backs 'Jabba's palace'.

While I was at it I rearranged the figures and the little scenery bits.

51407896108_6aa0cc04f9_o.jpg

One day I'll have the enthusiasm to make a proper forest for them. :lol

I have noticed they always pose it with a downward tilt so you can't really see the unfortunate Pac-Man design fault.

Back