1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve seen a lot of commentary about the helmet so genuine question - isn’t the only difference between ROTJ and Mando that the ROTJ has a straight top on the eye shield, and Mando is curved? They look the same to me otherwise, unless I’m missing something.

I saw people on FB show RotJ scenes with the helmet looking similar to this and Mando. So I'm not sure if there's different helmets for different scenes.

I’ve seen a lot of commentary about the helmet so genuine question - isn’t the only difference between ROTJ and Mando that the ROTJ has a straight top on the eye shield, and Mando is curved? They look the same to me otherwise, unless I’m missing something.

Courtesy of TaliBane:

jkno would be the authority on this, but for those weighing "waiting for the ROTJ version" or not, here's a comp pic of the ROTJ vs Mando scout versions. Me... I'm getting both.:lol

The Mando and ROTJ scouts would obviously be interchangable for most people, the crisp white vs dusty yellow look being the main visual difference. But there are quite a few minor outfit differences. I've left out a few in these pics, like the Mando's more squared/sharp edged knee armor, the stomach-area pouches being more boxy in ROTJ, and minor differences to the grenade on the back.

This is ROTJ screencap, Mando screencap and HT figure:

2SaVLYn.jpg

Most obvious difference is so-called "saggy" chest armor (way taller than the ROTJ version) and the armor neckline on the back is more like a tank top in Mando and squared, not round. The peak above eye lens is flatter in Mando (more so on the figure than the costume) but more curved in ROTJ, and in Mando the shoulder armor is more straight and tube like and longer vs curved and smaller in ROTJ, the bicep armor is a somewhat different shape, buckle more square, and hip armor more boxy and fatter, and the airsccop backpack has differences.

This is ROTJ on left, Mando on right:

bKW6tf0.jpg

Price difference or not, it's a cool set in a iconic colorway, but you got options now. White bikes are nice, have a very cool Imperial faction aesthetic to them and cheaper priced. Brown bikes have that nostalgia look that probably resonates the feelings of the inner child (was my favorite toy in the 80's). Really dig the rifle inclusion on this though, not being a "Exclusive" add on like the ole S.S. brigade...

Super bummed that this costs $50 more than the Mando that comes with a freakin Grogu and bag. They know they got the OT people by the short and curly’s don’t they? Thankfully I had a couple of $25 off coupons that didn’t include anything I needed since SS nerfed those “thanks for your recent order” coupons. But this sucker showed up in there today. Can’t wait. Really want a couple separate bikes also

The ROTJ version looks different to their Mando one. The curve on the visor cover is different as well as the cut out area for the vest.

Shoulder armor is also different and matches ROTJ compared to the more rounded Mando version.

239770761_10222977634002039_4309779690629097247_n.jpg

Yes, it looks like HT put the effort in to make a proper ROTJ version.

Just need to pull his belt up higher over the cummerbund.

So happy for this. Just awesome, especially considering how great the mandalorian set looks. Glad I waited for rotj.

The ROTJ version looks different to their Mando one. The curve on the visor cover is different as well as the cut out area for the vest.

Shoulder armor is also different and matches ROTJ compared to the more rounded Mando version.

239770761_10222977634002039_4309779690629097247_n.jpg
There really is a huge difference between versions. Wow HT have pretty much re sculpted everything 👏👏

I ordered the set and a single at Timewalker. Just seems crazy to order a third bike with the Mando one lol

I am disappointed they aren't just selling the bike itself. It would be cool to pick at least one up for the Endor Luke and Leia that they did.

Yeah I'm pretty surprised at that. I haven't tried putting Leia on the Mando one, I was wondering if she'd even be able to touch the pedals.

This cost me approximately £375 which includes £50+ just for postage which is roughly $515 USD total. I took 3% off by paying in full and used a £22 KG coupon (the maximum you can use on any single purchase.)

All things considered, I don’t feel too bad about that as it’s priced at £379.20 before postage on sideshow.
I’d be in for well over £400 buying there or domestically.
It’s pricey as hell but these speeders have always fascinated me and the Scout Trooper is definitely the coolest looking OT Trooper. I used to adore my old 3.75” scale speeder and haven’t had one since.

Do I have display space for it? No, but that’s future me’s problem.

My first 1/6 vehicle! Can’t wait.
Now, bring on that DeLorean reissue! (Just not now coz I’m broke)

Back