1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am getting one with the Speederbike for sure, and maybe a single too. Besides the 2 Gentle Giant items, this is (will be) my only Star Wars pre-order.

I am getting one with the Speederbike for sure, and maybe a single too. Besides the 2 Gentle Giant items, this is (will be) my only Star Wars pre-order.

Your ability to limit yourself so well to a specific area of collecting is most admirable!

If only I had that amount of will power.

giphy.gif

:lol

Your ability to limit yourself so well to a specific area of collecting is most admirable!

If only I had that amount of will power.

giphy.gif

:lol
LOL. It helped me a lot since more than 10 years ago. With a limited display space and budget, having a specific collecting focus was the perfect choice. And besides that, the Imperials have the coolest gear
:yess:

LOL. It helped me a lot since more than 10 years ago. With a limited display space and budget, having a specific collecting focus was the perfect choice. And besides that, the Imperials have the coolest gear
:yess:

Right from when I was a child the Imperials always looked cooler - from the moment I saw that old poster of Han and Luke in disguise, and then the Stormtroopers breaking into the Tantive IV and slaughtering the Rebels!

I guess I'm the only one bothered by the fact that they are using the Mando helmet instead of an accurate ROTJ helmet for their ROTJ Scout trooper?

240420078_10158200245087344_8825901692094720705_n.jpg

Since I am skipping most mandalorian figures, I can army build this one. 2 bike sets and either 2 or 3 single scouts. This is one of my most wanted releases and it looks great. I still have the ss bike and scout, but this looks too good. When my wife asked why I was so happy this morning and I told her hot toys finally put a new ot figure up for preorder after almost a year, I think she regretted some of her life choices.
That makes 2 of us, bring on rotj Vader.

I’d be hyped if I passed on the Mando version, but I feel like my scout needs have been met.

Right from when I was a child the Imperials always looked cooler - from the moment I saw that old poster of Han and Luke in disguise, and then the Stormtroopers breaking into the Tantive IV and slaughtering the Rebels!
The Star Destroyer chasing the Rebel Blockade Runner opening scene, then the Stormtroopers boarding it, were the scenes that fascinated me from the first moment I saw Star Wars in my childhood. The same with the AT-ATs in ESB.

Star Wars Forever!!

Star Destroyer chasing Tantive 4.gif

The Star Destroyer chasing the Rebel Blockade Runner opening scene, then the Stormtroopers boarding it, were the scenes that fascinated me from the first moment I saw Star Wars in my childhood. The same with the AT-ATs in ESB.

Star Wars Forever!!

And the evil giant clad in black picking a rebel up by his neck, and snapping it!

In a kids' movie!

Hmmm 2 figures from Mando or the bike? Hmmmm. Mando wins yet again! Gonna pass on this.

Not gonna be seeing many OT figures in the short term. Enjoy this.

Star Wars Forever!!

View attachment 535738
It amazes me how anyone can complain about PT CGI when the OT had stuff like this….

Anyways, set looks good.

Absolute PO for me. Full on speeder and trooper set. I'm all giddy with excitement.
Sadly I'm too much of a boomer to find and post a gif.
All this excitement and positivity I'm feeling. Must be what its like to be Zurda95D.
Feels pretty good.

Last edited:
Man the price increase sucks. I was planning to get two sets to have two troopers and then another bike for Luke/Leia. Now deciding if I really need 2 bikes. There was only a couple quick moments with two bikes on screen.

I guess I'm the only one bothered by the fact that they are using the Mando helmet instead of an accurate ROTJ helmet for their ROTJ Scout trooper?

View attachment 535719

Nope! Bugs me too!

For whatever reason, my eye went right to that detail when I saw that episode of Mando initially. "Hmm...their helmets aren't closed all the way....weird". Was fine they recreated that little detail for those specific scouts, but all the scouts in ROTJ had their helmets properly sealed. Hot Toys definitely cut a corner here. Not a deal breaker by any means, but a tad annoying for sure.

I guess HT doesn't care too much about accuracy. Heck, the Mando Scout themselves used an EFX Scout helmet, with big top gap and weird closing sides.

Back