1/6 Episode III Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

Now I really can't wait! I ordered it from a retail shop so I stll have to wait like a month!

PosterBoyKelly said:
Now I really can't wait! I ordered it from a retail shop so I stll have to wait like a month!
Me too (I bought mine off eBay clear last February!!! :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 )

pixletwin said:

Wish I could say the same, but it'll be a hair, beard, eyebrow repaint for me, the rest of it looks terrific but I expected that...

Great pics, thanks.
The white highlights will definitely need som retouching, as well as a bit of drybrushing on the hair in general.

Wor-Gar said:
OK, just a quick mini-review about the major concerns then I'll shut up and take more shots:

As always -- its better in hand.

Tunic: not white! Its the right color! The rest of the wardrobe (boots, robe, etc) is all very good as expected.

The head: the hair is much lighter than the SS prod pics. Not blonde -- but it is a more mustard color. Don't freak on 'mustard'. The hair as you can see is darker than the SDCC prototype but has nice texture. The beard also has a lighter 'mustard' shade brushed over the darker underneath. Mine has some 'splatter' on the ear and side of neck.

The face paint actually has some warmth to it -- more like Luke than Han -- but its still a bit thick and hides some of the wrinkles. The eyes are great and so are the eybrows...phew!

The one thing I don't like is the gray highlights on the moustache and temples. Against his coloring, it looks blue and isn't blended to look real. This is the one thing that makes it look like a doll...and the one thing people will end up complaining about when they receive theirs. This will be Obi's "lipstick" error.

Beyond that one small error -- I do like this figure. Its much better than Anakin, so I hope that alone alleviates some concerns. There will be those that still want to drybrush his hair lighter. I can see that; a bit lighter might be better, but this is far from the disaster people were fearing.

Again, these are my initial gut reactions.

Thnx for that WG!! Can't wait for Thursday!!

pjam said:
Wish I could say the same, but it'll be a hair, beard, eyebrow repaint for me, the rest of it looks terrific but I expected that...
At least this repaint will be easier than some of the others! :lol

abake said:
Great pics, thanks.
The white highlights will definitely need som retouching, as well as a bit of drybrushing on the hair in general.

Yep, no doubt, that held it back but it's not that big of deal to get a great figure right...

The eyes look good as well. No need for concern there.

Darth Sheba said:
The poor thing is just screaming for a redress. :lol

And a re-paint. That grey has got to go.

I think I am going to have my Anakin and Obi Wan repainted and cancel the rest of my star wars 12" pre-orders. When you start to see comments like "the grey on Obi Wan's mustache is going to be Anakin's lipstick" then there is something seriously wrong. I simply don't want to, shouldn't have to, and can't afford to have to customize everyone of these figures.

The grey highlights in the mustache are definitely overdone, but I'm liking what I see otherwise.

Darth Rage said:
I think I am going to have my Anakin and Obi Wan repainted and cancel the rest of my star wars 12" pre-orders. When you start to see comments like "the grey on Obi Wan's mustache is going to be Anakin's lipstick" then there is something seriously wrong. I simply don't want to, shouldn't have to, and can't afford to have to customize everyone of these figures.

I wont be canceling any of my SW or any other SS product, but I fully understand were you are coming from.

The funny thing is that none of my horror(except Pam) or Highlander or Spinal Tap or other assorted SS products have suffered from so many questionable paint apps like these SW figures. Thats wierd to me.

Close up the grey looks off but the pictures taken at a distance, not too bad. This just futher goes to show that SS needs to hire a new photographer because the production pictures just looked BAD. Now, Wor-Gar, FUTZ !:chew :emperor

TheObsoleteMan said:
The grey highlights in the mustache are definitely overdone, but I'm liking what I see otherwise.

Yup, big ditto from me. It's not perfect but really none of these are so I don't personally sweat some of this stuff. I sure as muck ain't gonna go cannceling any of these.

I think it's the lighting in the production photos, it has too much ambient lighting so the features aren't very clearly defined. When you get pictures like these, the lighting shows the details much clearer.

Yea, the gray needs to be feathed. First figure I might have to paint.

EVILFACE said:
Yea, the gray needs to be feathed. First figure I might have to paint.

Second for me after Anakin, great HS on both so worth it.

Back