1/6: Doctor Who 10th WIP - Rory, Clara, Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Clara Oswald & 10 WIP - Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINI

I think the sculpted would work better.

Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Clara Oswald & 10 WIP - Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINI

Sculpted it is.
By the way, I also roughed in the hair for my Tennant sculpt. I'll be doing the actual detailing soon, but I needed to get the visual of the whole head to get motivated into refining the face.
TENNANT3.jpg

The updated Jenna Coleman head looks nice. Would it be possible to make the long hair (not including the bangs) a separate piece that plugs onto the head? This way, you can not only get the real hair for the long hair and the sculpted hair for the front (as another plug piece), it allows you to cast the hair with flexible resin to make movement of the head more mobile and the removable hair piece would allow her to wear the motorcycle helmet, different plastic hair extensions, and real hair for those who wants that option.

Hi Vash, Your David Tennant looks really great so far, look forward to seeing the paint up/build!
So pleased to see you working on Clara again, looks really great too!! I understand the problems with long hair and pose ability, that's why my long haired figures have real hair; my thoughts are, if you go for the molded hair, allow for neck and body to fit (may I suggest an Avengers widow body for Clara's height and build) but Doom Saber's idea of maybe a bald option with plug ins would please everyone although it would maybe be a bit of a task for you molding the different component parts (that's assuming you wish to make copies for other freaks too). I hope so.. I would also like to see a Rose done the same way to allow for modern hair styles.
What do you think of BCS doing Eccleston at last? I'm still very pleased to own the one you helped make happen but looking at the new works BCS are doing I will probably want to get one of those too but that's okay because my Tardis when finished will have to go into a different cabinet anyway and I can still display my favorite Dr along with it.

Sculpted it is.
By the way, I also roughed in the hair for my Tennant sculpt. I'll be doing the actual detailing soon, but I needed to get the visual of the whole head to get motivated into refining the face.
TENNANT3.jpg

Looking good!! :clap :clap

Thanks Doom Saber, Matner77, meerkat and BagginsOfBagEnd! I was thinking of casting the portion of the hair in the back to be rubber, but I don't know if I have any casting rubber left. In any case, I always try to sculpt the hair fit a body or heat it a bit to conform to the body. I'll try experimenting with it, but I need to make my own build first to see which works best.
Now that I have more time to focus on my own projects, I'll be revisiting Rose and perhaps Amy again and spend more time working on the sculpts.
I've just been bouncing around projects right now, because I can ;)

The 9th Doctor from Big Chief Studios is an easy buy for me. They most likely will do a neutral facial sculpt, so I'm glad I did a slight smile on my sculpt so I can have both versions. I have my 9th/10th TARDIS in the works and will be getting a 11th/12th version soon, so there's plenty of display options to go around.
TARDIS-ASSEMBLYGLUE3.jpg

I'm working on this Tennant sculpt just because I purchased a couple of 12" Character Options Doctor Who figures and it came with one of Tennant, so I wanted to swap out the heads. It also gives me more chance to practice sculpting.

Thanks Matner77!

I think I only have just a couple more tweaks and some smoothing to go with Clara. I haven't done much with the hair since I've been debating using real hair instead of sculpted for her. This way, it could allow for a bit more different hair styles.
What do you guys and gals think? I was thinking of doing a mix of sculpted bangs that goes across her face and real hair for the draping hair. I figured it could allow for more poses, since sculpted hair this long hinders any side to side or up and down movement.
NEWCLARA3.jpg

Niiiice! Clara is looking absolutely beautiful! :rock

I think sculpted hair works better. JMO.

Sculpted it is.
TENNANT3.jpg

Oh man...what an amazing sculpt! :clap:clap:clap

Thanks Darth Snoopy! He's slowly but surely getting there. The picture above is from the alternate universe where the Sycorax leader cuts off the Doctor's head instead of his hand :D

Thanks Darth Snoopy! Tennant has a tricky face that it's been a nice challenge. Still needing more refinement, but here's the progress:
TENNANT6.jpg

And here's a very early start on River Song:
RS1.jpg

Last edited:
Back