1/6: Doctor Who 10th WIP - Rory, Clara, Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Amy Pond, Clara Oswald WIP - 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Looking good :) I think I know that guy doing the Call Box ;)

Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Amy Pond, Clara Oswald WIP - 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Looking good :) I think I know that guy doing the Call Box ;)

Glad you were able to make it here Greg! I know folks here can use your skills and I for one am looking forward to more amazing work coming from you.
Really digging your kit and I hope I can do justice in building it.

By the way, Amy is now under rubber, so fingers crossed that I can have a cast pulled this evening and possibly painted by tomorrow.

First Amy pull came out great except for the tip of one of the hair strands, but easy fix:
POLICE-COSTUME13.jpg

I'm hoping to get her painted tomorrow, so I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with this project.

Look away from this thread and it explodes with awesomeness. Everything is really well done. Love it Vash! Subscribed.

No plans on casts for Rose yet since I really want to fine tune it more before I'm completely happy with it. She was a quick test sculpt to see if I could sculpt females in this scale, so I had more to learn and I still do ;)
I don't even know how much interest there are in these recent head sculpts to see if they deserve a run. I'm just doing them because I want them in my personal collection :)

Well just to let you know you can put me down for a Clara right now! and I'm fairly sure I'd be in for a finished Rose too judging by what you have achieved so far, your Amy is also so definitive! I may like to get one later if possible. That Tardis kit is stunning, but I have a two thirds finished foam board one on my to be finished workbench (that my wife helped me with last year, so I'd better finish it!). Talking about the workbench my body for my Eccleston head arrived, so I have spent the morning drilling out the head to fit and is now ready for painting, the materials you used were great for drilling out, with it mocked up with the coat on, I am so thrilled to own this, you did such a great job on that sculpt ! (lets not forget where this thread started after all!) Happy New Year to you all !!

Thanks RiggsMcClane and meerkat!

Can't wait to see your build meerkat and I'm so happy to know you like the sculpt!

I painted Amy today and for my first try with her, I think it turned out OK, could be better, but I'm happy with it for now.
POLICE-COSTUME14.jpg

Here's a side by side with the BC Amy replacement head:
Amy-comp5.jpg

And the back of the head which I don't think I ever show:
amyback1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Clara Oswald WIP - Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Looking really great. BC looks so flat though I would like to see both painted by the same artist for kicks.

Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Clara Oswald WIP - Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

When you put Amy and Clara up for order let me know.

Thanks dwing! I don't mind the BC head, but my wife hates it. It could do for a good repaint, but the mouth and eyes are a bit small.

I really need to start using my airbrush when painting the base coats for these paint ups, but I'm too lazy to get it out of the garage.
I've touched up the Amy head a bit more and added a bit more detail and this pic shows off the paint a bit more than the previous. The light was washing out the colors in those.
amy-close.jpg

And here it is side by side to roughly what I was going for:
Amy-comp6.jpg

Last edited:

Amy turned out great - so much better than the BCS one - nice work! :clap

Oh yes thats magnificent. Clara's going to look fab when she's all painted up too!

I'd be interested in a painted Clara if you are planning a run of them?

I haven't put Clara under rubber yet since I haven't started on her build.
If there are more interest in Amy, I may consider offering a small run.

Great work on both. :clap:clap:clap

Interested in both sculpts. Thread subscribed. :wave

Re: 1/6: Doctor Who 9th Doctor/ Eccleston and War Doctor/ John Hurt project

I decided to go with Mudblood's suggestion on Bad Wolf's expression, so I'm working on getting it close to that. Still have a few more things to do, but here she is so far:
BW2.jpg

I'm seeing some really nice skin texture here. Do you do it just by stippling the brush against the sculpture or some other means?

Thanks again BagginsOfBagEnd, tombaker369, Matner77 and Darth Snoopy!
I guess there's lots of love for Clara, I'll start piecing out parts for her over the weekend and hopefully I will get going on finishing the sculpt.

RiggsMcClane - I was playing around with texturing small scale and this instance was with stippling via primer. I didn't care for it with female sculpts, but I'll be using it with my future male sculptures.

Thanks again BagginsOfBagEnd, tombaker369, Matner77 and Darth Snoopy!
I guess there's lots of love for Clara, I'll start piecing out parts for her over the weekend and hopefully I will get going on finishing the sculpt.

Cool! :rock

Back