1/6: Doctor Who 10th WIP - Rory, Clara, Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Amy Pond, Clara Oswald WIP - 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Thanks meerkat, dwing, BagginsOfBagEnd and Tekkaman Blade!
I felt her chin was a bit weak, so I did a bit more work on it and I also softened up some of the harsh lines between nose and cheeks. I'm pretty happy with her now and I only hope it matches well with the body I purchased.
CO9.jpg

Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Amy Pond, Clara Oswald WIP - 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Clara looks great can't wait to see Amy.

I really love the look of your Clara, in fact I am truly blown away by the way all of your sculpts look ! I am looking forward to seeing all of their final paint ups and builds, but it will also be great to finally see a really good Captain jack made , please keep showing your progress!

Thanks SirGor and meerkat! I truly appreciate all the support. I know I have lots of improvements to make and one of the things hindering me is not using a harder type of clay. I'll try to get some soon so I can get more detailing in on future sculpts. These sculptures so far has been a trial and error of sorts, but even with all the difficulty, I've really been enjoying it.
I'm hoping to start Captain Jack Harkness soon, so any suggestions on a look for him? What type of facial expression should he have?

I haven't forgotten about Amy, but I'm still waiting on parts for her build before I continue, so I can make sure the head fits properly on the body.

Awesome mail day today! I got the body and majority of the outfit for Police Amy and they look pretty good together. I just need to modify and add more stuff to the vest and I'm waiting on more pouches for the belt, but I'm excited about completing her even more now.
POLICE-COSTUME3.jpg
POLICE-COSTUME4.jpg

I really didn't like the velcro sewn across the bottom or the middle square that the vest came with, but then I realized I could just flip the vest inside out and now it doesn't have the dumb velcro and I can add the two large pockets and the middle split section when I get the chance to sew it. I love it when stuff works out :)

POLICE-COSTUME5.jpg

Last edited:

Haha! YES.
Amy's looking magnificent, the Eleventh Hour look is going to be superb. And Clara's looking great too. These really are a treat to see being made I must say!

Thanks tombaker369! I really do appreciate folks checking these builds out, since not many if my friends watch the show, nor appreciate custom figures.
I'm really happy how Amy is turning out as well. She's been my favorite companion so far so I wanted to make sure I do the character justice especially with her most memorable look.
I need a few more details to complete her look and then hopefully I can have a first head cast painted by the weekend.

Added pockets and other details to the vest. I need to tuck the wire into the front pocket as well as making more of a tight fit with the vest, but I think it turned out pretty good. I'm going to sculpt those little brackets that goes on the vest as well for a bit more detail.
POLICE-COSTUME7.jpg

Last edited:

Amy's clothes are looking great.

Thanks dwing! This was my first time sewing pockets, so now I know how to do it better for next time.
Her belt items came in today so I stuck a few of them on. I may replace the one on her left side to one that's less bulky.
I also sculpted and attached the 4 clip details on the front of the vest.
POLICE-COSTUME10.jpg

Last edited:

that Clara sculpt is awesome
I just need to see her episodes

Re-watched the Eleventh hour episode last night...great job on Amy's police outfit - really looks the part!! :clap

Thanks BagginsOfBagEnd! I was really surprised at how quickly the outfit came together and how the individual pieces make it pop.
Those little clip pieces took me about 5 minutes to sculpt but they are my favorite detail of the outfit.

I know this closeup shows my bad sewing, but I thought it still looks pretty cool.
POLICE-COSTUME12.jpg

Last edited:

I wanted to stop sculpting Amy before I overwork her, so let's call this version 1 of the sculpt. I toned down the flip of her hair from my original sculpt since I figured it would look a bit weird when it gets on the body. I really am anxious to get this molded, cast and painted to put on the body waiting for this head sculpt.
AMY7.jpg

Amy looks pretty good are you going to give her hair more texture,the Amy figure is great what kind of body are you using?

The face looks great! I agree that it could use a few more strands lined in. She's really coming together!

Any updates on possible casts for Rose?

Thanks SirGor and Mudblood!

Amy looks pretty good are you going to give her hair more texture,the Amy figure is great what kind of body are you using?
I'm adding a bit more lines, but I didn't want to overtexture it since I have other plans during paint. The box for the body says Kumik and it's a seamless female body I found on ebay for a pretty decent price.

The face looks great! I agree that it could use a few more strands lined in. She's really coming together!
Any updates on possible casts for Rose?

No plans on casts for Rose yet since I really want to fine tune it more before I'm completely happy with it. She was a quick test sculpt to see if I could sculpt females in this scale, so I had more to learn and I still do ;)
I don't even know how much interest there are in these recent head sculpts to see if they deserve a run. I'm just doing them because I want them in my personal collection :)

By the way, I'm beta testing a phone box kit from a fellow member on the RPF and it's still a WIP, but it is amazing! I love this thing! Still waiting on a few more parts such as the roof section and some detail pieces. Nothing is glued on yet, just stuck on with some temporary tack strips, but I wanted to get the overall look. It did come with bevels to put on the door panels, but I'm waiting to put those on.
I can't wait to get the rest of the parts and get this fully assembled and painted up!
TARDIS-ASSEMBLY.jpg
TARDIS-ASSEMBLY3.jpg

Last edited:

Are the windows separate pieces? If so, I need to contact him and get some for mine.

Back