1/6: Doctor Who 10th WIP - Rory, Clara, Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Amy Pond WIP - 9th Doctor, War Doctor, Bad Wolf project FINISHED

mouth on Amy should be a little less wide
I'll take a look at that, but could be the shadow in the pic.

Well, since Clara won the highest vote, I figured I'd start her up. Still rough, but here she is so far:
CO3.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Amy Pond, Clara Oswald WIP - 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

wow! you work really fast Clara is looking great so far, after looking at some pictures of Clara, I think maybe her chin could need to be a tad smaller maybe slightly more pointy, I'm looking forward to seeing the progression though! Perhaps you could show your sculpts alongside your reference pics so that hopefully we may help you with your fine tweaking! After seeing the newer pictures of the BCS Capaldi Dr in different poses, I think I am starting to like it after all! Although I think maybe the head that comes with the 11th Dr 2nd version is more like what I think I've been looking for! I have now received my Eccleston head from you in the post in super quick time considering the distance and I am Very pleased with it, I can't wait to get on with it as I have the coat but I don't yet have the correct body (with neck) so I can't even drill or paint it yet, I hope my paint work can do your sculpt justice!!

Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Amy Pond, Clara Oswald WIP - 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Glad you like it meerkat and I'm so glad you're happy with the 9th Doctor cast. I can't wait to see your build and pait up.

Again, still early in the game and have lots of tweaks to do, but I'd appreciate the feedback.
Here's a side by side at approx. the same angle. I know the nose needs some attention and maybe raising up the smirk a bit.
COMP1.jpg

I think the with on Amy mouth is fine but her lower lip needs to be a little less full.Clara is looking good I think her eyes need to be a little more farther apart,Man Females seam hard to get Right.:D

Thanks Damien and SirGor!
Yep, there's not much room for error with female sculpts. I'm still honing the shapes down before fine tuning the details, but it's hard to photograph stuff this small without a bit of distortion. Here's a pic using my iphone:
COMP2.jpg
COMP3.jpg

Last edited:

Looking fab.
Where Amy was round, Clara is wide (Surely there's a nicer way of putting that), I think her jowly bits, if thats what they're called, could be a little rounder, mind you the shine on the line of the chin could be deceptive.
Two things too, her eyebrows are a very bi part of her "look", so she'll probably pop once you've painted them in, and also her nose. The bridge possibly could be made a little flatter, and the tip a little narrower and pointier.
I also wonder if her mouth is a teeny bit masculine? There's a hint of Daniel Craig if you don't mind me saying. I think you could afford to fatten up her top lip.

One thing thats odd about Coleman is that her right eye is slightly lower than the left.

Its so difficult giving advise on a female sculpture because like you say, its ALL about subtly and curves with pretty much no wriggle room whatsoever.
I've tried sculpting her too, so I know your pain.

Looking very good though!

So true tombaker369, the likeness will probably come out more when the eyebrows are painted. Those details you mentioned about the lips and nose are what I was going to try to hone in on, but wanted to get the shapes blocked in first. In fact here's where I'm at with her now:
CO5.jpg

Still a bit more refinement to go, but I'm hoping that I'm getting a bit closer now.

Yes she is definitely looking more like Clara now, fully agree with tombaker369 but in your latest pics you seem to have fixed most issues, I feel she just needs a little nose tweak now, just the tip. hope you will make her available when she is done; along with rose!

Yes she is definitely looking more like Clara now, fully agree with tombaker369 but in your latest pics you seem to have fixed most issues, I feel she just needs a little nose tweak now, just the tip. hope you will make her available when she is done; along with rose!

Thanks meerkat! Slowly but surely she's getting there, but there's no rush since I haven't even started searching/buying pieces for her build.
I'm still waiting on the clothes and body for Amy to be delivered which will help me be more motivated finishing the sculpt.

I'm thinking of the Victorian style costume for Clara, since I really like that incarnation of her.

OK, I think I need to stop sculpting at this point before I ruin it. I know there are a bit of knicks here and there I need to fix, but I'll do that on the cast when I start sculpting the hair.
CO6.jpg

Since I'll be doing the Victorian style Clara, do you guys want me to sculpt the secondary hairstyle of modern day Clara as well?

By the way, we need a tie breaker between River and Jack ;)

Haven’t been in here for a while but great work as always :clap

Still waiting for a reply to my pm Mate :)

Thanks Peteskywalker! Since I was able to mold Clara, I've been working on softening all the sharp areas.

I may have missed that PM, I'll go and check, sorry about that.

well, although I think Jenna seems perfect for Victorian and period style dress, if I could only have one choice, I would like my own display Clara to be in modern skirt/dress black tights etc, to stand alongside my Dr,s in my display cabinets in between 11 and 12 (yes I will Have to get a 12!) also still hoping for a Rose to stand between 9 and 10, BTW are you only interested in making new who? As I would love to try a kit-bash of an older Brigadier (as he looked in" battlefield" with woolly pullover and officers cap). As for the vote, I too would love to see how you tackle Rivers crazy hair without going for real hair or a wig! But I also think so many are waiting for a Captain Jack that I am torn, but I do have faith in your ability to do them proud, but in short my personal wants interest would be Rose, Clara, Brigadier (older), Captain Jack, but best of luck to all who would like to see other characters (as I would like to see the paternoster gang too!)

I'm actually second guessing the victorian look now since the outfit is too specific and will be hard to replicate without custom tailoring.
I'm working on sculpting the hair for modern Clara now.
I've done 3 female sculpts in a row, so Jack may be on deck.
I haven't watched too many older Who episodes, so that's why I haven't tackled the older characters.

OK, I know she looks a bit chubby right now, but I will be sanding down those jowls which I think will make a big difference. I'll be detailing the hair a bit more as well, but here she is as she stands at the moment:
CO8.jpg

Last edited:

that's really fantastic work right there Vash! but don't forget to do a test test fit on a female body before you finish it, due to the longer hair fit over the shoulders; but please put me down for one if you want to make them available! I can understand the interest in the victorian look though, as I think I like those episodes best, Dr Who has always seemed to fit well, in that kind of spooky dream like place .

That hair really brought her to life-great work.

Clara is looking good - great work!! :rock

As for the 'tie breaker vote' - I'd like to see you do Captain Jack next.

Looking good, I'm loking forward to how the final of these three turn out.

Back