1/6 Docking Bay 65

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Daz
Lookin' good. I think all the levels of paint have actually enhanced it. It looks uneven-in a good way-which is the way King George likes it. Nice and worn in. Super. Looks like it's close to being complete.

OOOOWWW Daz... Its looking grand to me. No matter how many times you paint it there will always be something that you can find to improve but that what drives you on.

I can not wait to see the whole thing :)

Here are a few shots of things I'm tarting up the docking bay with

DSC_1649.jpg
DSC_1648.jpg

DSC_1647.jpg

I've just got a bit more weathering to do, then I will be ready to release my troops :D

Last edited:
It keeps getting better all the time! Great attention to detail. Can't wait to see the wide shot with all the Sandies trying to stop the Falcon from leaving.

A long time ago, in a docking bay far far away..........

DockingFinal.jpg

DockingFinal5.jpg

DockingFinal3.jpg

Han shot first!

DockingFinal6.jpg

DockingFinal7.jpg

DockingFinal9.jpg

DockingFinal28.jpg

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you....
DockingFinal23.jpg

Last edited:
At this point I would like to says thanks to all you guys who have dropped by this thread and left encouraging comments to a virgin (Am I allowed to type that?) diorama builder :peace A special thanks to Dorgmal Snow for all the enthusiasm, advice and support that went on behind the scenes. :bow

And talking of behind the scenes......

DockingFinal2BC2.jpg

DockingFinal2BC1-1.jpg

This is Shrek, budding diorama builder

_DSC1458.jpg

Daz..... It is truly fanchuffintastic my friend. I love everything about it. You persevered with the painting of the walls and they look great. The added extras look brilliant and the weathering on the crates is a real treat. The pipework really fits in well with the dio and as for the door! Pure class Daz. And I love the outdoor photo shoot.
It has been a pleasure to watch this develop over the weeks and now you are no longer a dio virgin.... LOL Soon you will be a dio junkie. I feel very privileged to have been able to help out where I could and I hope you are proud of what you have created from just an idea....

Well done Daz :)

Mate awesome work there it looks very nice. Yes once you do one you just want to keep on making them. I need to pull my finger out and start my next one. Keep up the good work.

Mornin' Shreck!

What can I say, it came out friggin' sweet! The weathering on the extra props and the blaster mark are indeed the highlights. Sweet dio's are like Lay's chips, you can't make just one. Which begs the question....what's next? :D

This... is..

TERRIBLE ly awesome! :lol

I think we should all get together with all our 1/6 starwars figs and dios and make a freakin awesome Starwars stop-motion fanfilm of awesomeness!!!

Back