1/6 Docking Bay 65

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dinosoar Daz

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I thought you might like to see a diorama I’m working on at the moment. I’ve really been enthused by all the customs that have appeared in this forum. So even though I have never done anything like this before, it seemed like too much fun not to have a go.

So given my skill set I know I should have started much smaller, but with another Sandtrooper on the way I really wanted to try and recreate one of my favourite Star Wars scenes. However, at 1/6 scale Docking Bay 94 was going to be over 6’ wide so Docking Bay 65 is born........

_DSC1436.jpg

_DSC1439.jpg

_DSC1442.jpg

_DSC1462.jpg

Looks great so far!! You chose an excellent shot to showcase Sandies, and at the end of the day, you'll be able to display any Tatooine figs there. Another project to follow. WooHoo!

Oh wow!

We should organise a freaks custom convention, where everone can get together with all these amazing 1:6 pieces.

We would have most of Moss Eisely!!!

Love the look of this already.

DG

Thanks Darth, I'm still in awe of your DS Swing.

Daz you know what I think....
So glad you posted at last yeahhhhhh

Thanks mate.

Oh wow!

We should organise a freaks custom convention, where everone can get together with all these amazing 1:6 pieces.

We would have most of Moss Eisely!!!

Love the look of this already.

DG

I'd be sooooooo up for a freaks convention. Imagine trying to get through customs with suitcases of Star Wars "dollies" and sheets of MDF and polyfilla :rotfl

Again, thanks guys for your encouragement.

Man, that looks great!! Thats a great idea for a Sandtrooper display.

This forum is BLOWING UP!!!! Awesome stuff guys.

Hi guys, its just household DIY filler fixed with PVA glue and water. Kinda wished I'd mixed some sand in with it too for a bit more texture.

I'm now at the painting stage and my newb status is really shining through. I just can't get the colour I want. It's been yellow...peach (don't ask)...yellow again. I always seems to dry much darker than I expect, but I'm learning heaps and more importantly still enjoying it.

This is awesome. Great work so far Daz. Cant wait to see it finished with some troopers posed in there.

I'm now at the painting stage and my newb status is really shining through. I just can't get the colour I want. It's been yellow...peach (don't ask)...yellow again. I always seems to dry much darker than I expect, but I'm learning heaps and more importantly still enjoying it.

LOL Have you seen my "Tango Trooper"?

Back