1/6 Docking Bay 65

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant mate.

I really need to stop spending so much time working and get on with some important stuff - like building dio's for my ever expanding obsession!

(Though I think I need to build an extension on the house first to put them all in -LOL)

The door is finished.

DSC_1617.jpg

And the light is working

DSC_1621.jpg

door looks great. do you think thats the same style door that C3PO and R2 hide behind?

Yes, it seems that door was recycled a lot. They obviously never realised that 32 years later, somebody, with way too much time on his hands, would spend a evening frame advancing his DVD to make sketches of the docking bay interior for his 1/6 model :lol

It's definitely all the encouragement that I've received in this forum that has made this project turn out far better (and much more fun) than I expected. Thanks Guys.

Great idea for a dio... and really looks sharp! Can't wait to see it finished and crawling with imperials :rock

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Great idea for a dio... and really looks sharp! Can't wait to see it finished and crawling with imperials :rock

Oh it will. My Luke & Han in disguise have arrived and are being converted to regular troops as we speak :naughty

Awesome work mate. I have to start making my next dio after looking at your great work.

Hey Hewer, it was yours and Dorgs Tatooine dios that got me all fired up to start with. So I'm really thrilled that my first attempt has got you planning your next. I can’t wait. :banana

Alrighty then, here are the latest updates. I've had a break from the docking bay this last week but spent a few hours on it today. I'm still not completely happy with the colour of the walls (and the flash doesn't help) but after 8 repaints I think I've lost that particular battle.

DSC_1636.jpg
DSC_1638.jpg

DSC_1641.jpg

DSC_1634.jpg

Back