1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder why the mkII is still available months after release, while this is on waitlist during preorder....

I wish I can do most of my purchases from SS but the tax kills me..

Yeah. I like ordering from SS but I think I'm gonna have to switch over to BBTS unless it's a SS exclusive. It's just kind of nice having those reward points built up to unload on a figure in the future. But ultimately, ordering through BBTS will save me more money.

I wonder why the mkII is still available months after release, while this is on waitlist during preorder....

Seems like it is happening more often, SS could be ordering less or HT is making less.

Could also simply be because it's the Mk2... Hot Rod, IM3 Mk2, Iron Patriot, and AoU Mk2 are all the same figure with different paint schemes. Could be that people have had their fill of that design by the time AoU released. Plus, I don't think we can really be too surprised to see the DC Mk1 on waitlist.

With the DC Whiplash MkII already out and the MkVI announced, it's no brainer this one is on wait list.

Sent from my XT1225 using Tapatalk

The MKII Age of Ultron WM was the 3rd repaint (MK2 IM3 and Iron Patriot the other repaints). I think that is the major reason....
But I really like my Mark 2 WM, having just reposed it a little last night. Can't wait to display all 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got my hands on this guy. Feels great in-hand, incredibly solid and hefty. One thing that really stood out was how much darker the metal color is compared to the previous editions. Couldn't be bothered to take the older WM1/2 out of the shelf for a height comparison, but here he is next to the SZ MK7 for a different perspective on his size

30204821975_42f9923065_b_d.jpg

29575407923_df715d1bc3_b_d.jpg

Could also simply be because it's the Mk2... Hot Rod, IM3 Mk2, Iron Patriot, and AoU Mk2 are all the same figure with different paint schemes. Could be that people have had their fill of that design by the time AoU released. Plus, I don't think we can really be too surprised to see the DC Mk1 on waitlist.

I was thinking about more recent releases like Superman, Batman, Deadpool, etc going to WL. I am sure SS is tired of having these collect dust on there shelf and with so much coming out it would make sense to order less. Or since it is still availble at other places like BBTS maybe just have less stock at the SS warehouse :dunno

I have no idea just thinking out loud

I was thinking about more recent releases like Superman, Batman, Deadpool, etc going to WL. I am sure SS is tired of having these collect dust on there shelf and with so much coming out it would make sense to order less. Or since it is still availble at other places like BBTS maybe just have less stock at the SS warehouse :dunno

I have no idea just thinking out loud

Ahh I see what you're saying. Your guess is as good as mine (probably better lol). I agree that SS sitting on stock is never good for them. Superman, Batman, and Deadpool being waitlisted doesn't surprise me too much though. 2 are the most popular hero's ever and the other is an amazing figure (looking beyond wrist-gate) who appears to have a huge cult following.

I am, however, surprised that CW Cap is still available. I think it's a clear upgrade from AoU, but I can also see where they're close enough to not warrant an upgrade. I'm also surprised that the exclusive dc Mk6 is still available. To be fair though, I haven't been in this hobby long enough to be able to predict trends, but I thought for sure I had to get on the exclusive right away. Here we are about 3 months later and it's still available.

I'm clueless :dunno :lol

Just got my hands on this guy. Feels great in-hand, incredibly solid and hefty. One thing that really stood out was how much darker the metal color is compared to the previous editions. Couldn't be bothered to take the older WM1/2 out of the shelf for a height comparison, but here he is next to the SZ MK7 for a different perspective on his size

30204821975_42f9923065_b_d.jpg

29575407923_df715d1bc3_b_d.jpg

Beautiful! Thanks for the great pictures

Great pics and discussion! Can anyone with this figure and the IM Mark 7 from the Avengers do a size comparison? That's the only HT IM figure I own and want to know how they look next to each other.

Also, which version seems to be the most screen accurate as far as the color?

Great pics and discussion! Can anyone with this figure and the IM Mark 7 from the Avengers do a size comparison? That's the only HT IM figure I own and want to know how they look next to each other.

Also, which version seems to be the most screen accurate as far as the color?

I think the above picture would suffice with that comparison. The new Sub-Zero Iron Man is a Mark 7 repaint.

And this new Mark 1 Diecast is the most screen accurate colour wise.

Well, for starters the mk2 basically got released twice -- the first version was for Iron Man 3 (was produced based on footage from a scene that would later be deleted) and the second came very shortly after and was the first (if I remember correctly) figure released in the AoU line. Very minor difference between the two figures, most obviously the paint and red detailing.

But the main reason the Mark 1 is on WL is because he looks incredibly badass, and hasn't gone on a diet like his younger brother. A hefty stash of BD parts dosen't hurt either. :wink1:

maxresdefault.jpg

Ok, thanks! I wasn't sure if there was a difference with SZ IM mold, so that does work. I was thinking the same about the colors but wanted to get some additional input. It seems pretty dark but the armor was dark in the movie (granted we only really see him at night). The plastic version looks too light to me and there is a stark difference between the two (see what I did there?). ��

I wish my sarcasm showed more on the internet. I was just thinking that there is a clear badassness difference and it seems obvious why the mk I is sold out. I have the IM 3 mkII and I've always looked at it and wished it was the mk I. I'll keep both and probably get the mk III too.

I wish my sarcasm showed more on the internet. I was just thinking that there is a clear badassness difference and it seems obvious why the mk I is sold out. I have the IM 3 mkII and I've always looked at it and wished it was the mk I. I'll keep both and probably get the mk III too.

I think that is the consensus and will be when all 3 are displayed together that the MKII is the least "War Machine"

I will have all 3 versions...but I love my Mark 2. I've always liked it and I was very close to eschewing the other 2, but I really like the WM. I like the design...still is bulkier than the Iron Man armours I have (MK3 and 43), poses well, has a lot of diecast and was my first IM armour. I like the sleek design.

I'm not familiar with that. As in you can't use them if you're on the waitlist and it converts?

I'm not familiar with that. As in you can't use them if you're on the waitlist and it converts?

Yup! Can't use reward points or codes towards waitlist conversions. I would imagine that its a lot of trouble since its not a guarantee that you'll get a conversion. And if it does convert, it'll already be a live order.

I see SSC using that rule as an incentive for people to preorder sooner. It's not a deal breaker for doing business with them for me tho.

No way it's sold out. It'll be available again after it starts shipping. While I think it'll sell a lot better than WMMKII it'll take a while to really sell out.

Back