1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I also never said that people won't buy the Mk. III due to the shoulder components being a regression in terms of engineering design, BUT IT IS STILL a step backwards IN QUALITY/DESIGN."

There. Better.

Actually, it is. Its more coherent. If thats what you mean, then I can see why you said grammar.

In any case. I suppose.. I mean, we already have the figure. Might as well enjoy it for what it is rather than berate it for what it isn't.

Actually, it is. Its more coherent. If thats what you mean, then I can see why you said grammar.

In any case. I suppose.. I mean, we already have the figure. Might as well enjoy it for what it is rather than berate it for what it isn't.

Not berating the Mk III. I do like it enough that I bought the damn thing.

I'm more or less complaining to Hot Toys to maintain the same quality and standard for their products. :thud:

Didn't mean to stir up a heated discussion on this one. Although the engineering of the weapons is one of the reasons I prefer the MK1 over the MK3, I don't think it was laziness on the part of the designers of the 3.
As had been mentioned, the MK3 had to be designed before Civil War, and it is very possible that HT didn't have all the info on the weapons, or how they would look (which would also account for the color difference for the original prototype baton). Maybe it was cost-prohibitive to redesign the whole figure. Also, to maximize sales, obviously they would want the figure to come out as soon as possible. Thirdly, the way fans complain when there is a delay of a figure, I can only imagine the b***ching if the figure had been delayed a year to redesign it for the weapons.
To be fair, the MK1 was a remake. Not only was the first release excellent, but they were making much fewer figures per year back then, and may have had all of the design information prior to prototype. Then they had several years to improve it for this release.
My fave Iron Man suit design is actually the MK3 Iron Man. The lack of articulation, and step-back in engineering the weapons etc., stopped me from buying the DC MK3 Iron Man release, so I do think it has an impact on sales....

IMG_5402.jpg

IMG_5358.jpg

IMG_5071.jpg

IMG_5391.jpg

OK, so it's 0200, all the patients are asleep on a holiday weekend, and I'm thinking to myself, "how does Rhodey fit in the War Machine armor without dislocating his hips?" I mean, look at that thigh gap. Either his hips are outta joint, or that's the worst case of Ricketts I've ever seen.
Seriously tho. Congrats, CriterionCollector, on your new acquisition. Mine can't get here soon enough!

Didn't mean to stir up a heated discussion on this one. Although the engineering of the weapons is one of the reasons I prefer the MK1 over the MK3, I don't think it was laziness on the part of the designers of the 3.
As had been mentioned, the MK3 had to be designed before Civil War, and it is very possible that HT didn't have all the info on the weapons, or how they would look (which would also account for the color difference for the original prototype baton). Maybe it was cost-prohibitive to redesign the whole figure. Also, to maximize sales, obviously they would want the figure to come out as soon as possible. Thirdly, the way fans complain when there is a delay of a figure, I can only imagine the b***ching if the figure had been delayed a year to redesign it for the weapons.
To be fair, the MK1 was a remake. Not only was the first release excellent, but they were making much fewer figures per year back then, and may have had all of the design information prior to prototype. Then they had several years to improve it for this release.
My fave Iron Man suit design is actually the MK3 Iron Man. The lack of articulation, and step-back in engineering the weapons etc., stopped me from buying the DC MK3 Iron Man release, so I do think it has an impact on sales....

I'm sure the reasons you listed were exactly why the Mk. III was released with just attachable/detachable weaponry instead of the integrated weaponry. From a business standpoint I completely get it, but from a reputation standpoint it's a slap in the face to their diehard fans who expect a certain standard and quality to their work, but alas the Mk. III is released as is with lazy snap on weapons and I own it...

It's a minor gripe when it's all said and done. Mk. III is a beaut, but in my opinion Mk. I can not and will not be dethroned. All hail the king, Mk. I! :pray:

After visiting YouTube for reviews of the various War Machines, I agree. Being a huge fan of the comic books, the MK. I is the most accurate to that style of suit. For some reason, I distinctly recall a panel from the comics where Rhodey has just finished suiting up, and says,

View attachment 349847

Yes, it's corny.

Even though the MK. 3 is a welcome return to a more massive suit compared to the MK. 2, the sheer size of the MK. 1, combined with the signature ridges along the top of the MK. 1 helmet make this the defining armor for War Machine, IMHO. Can't wait to add it to my collection.

Damn I love the IM comics from those days

Does anyone know how to fix loose joints? My War Machine's right arm is very loose and is unable to hold this pose since the arm always fall back down. It can't hold its arm parallel to the ground. :pray:

I posted about this a few pages back when I first got mine, had the same issue. Go back and read what I did to fix it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I posted about this a few pages back when I first got mine, had the same issue. Go back and read what I did to fix it!

Hey man, I do scan the boards pretty often but don't recall seeing your post. Anyways I just did a quick skim through your posts but didn't see it.

Would you mind copy and pasting your original post then? Many thanks! :pray:

I had this exact same issue with my diecast mark 1. I actually fixed it myself (and I know you shouldn't have to). If you're brave enough, the gray colored circular shoulder plates or covers can come off as they are glued on. Take a flat tip screwdriver and pry them off, it may take a little work (not that difficult) to get them off. Once you get them off you'll find that there is a small phillips head screw that hold the shoulder joint together. Take a small phillips head screwdriver and tighten that screw and it will be perfect! Afterwards take a small amount of super glue and glue the covers back on. It's really not that difficult, but I totally understand if you don't want to do that especially if you're not the fix it type. For me it was better than having to go through the difficulty of trying to get a new figure or figure part and all the other hassles that come with the process. Hope this helps, good luck!!

^^^ Here's the first post that helped me.

Back