1/6 DARK TOYS DTM005 Collectible Figure MAX DX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I agree. The Thunderdome version is the obvious next step plus it's rich in terms of possibilities for accesories.

H
I want Thunderdome Max but then I have to have Master-Blaster and maybe Dr Dealgood.

RW: Max, Wez, Humungus
TD: Max, Master-Blaster, Dr Dealgood
FR: Max, Furiosa, Immortan Joe

I won't stop there, but its a good start...
How can you ignore Nux.

H

How can you ignore Nux.
:lol

I said there's a lot more characters, I was just pairing up a trio based on what's been made and what you'd need to fill in to match for Thunderdome (as an example).

Some people might want Ironbar instead of Dr Dealgood... but I actually think Dealgood would make a great figure, and he works with Master-Blaster for the movie's title.

I think its quite possible that Premier will do a Thunderdome variant of Max. I mean, they're doing everyone, so why not keep going.

They must be reading this thread too.

I'll take the hit for the team, if so. Worse case scenerio, I have two "Road Warrior" figures, regular and "battle damaged"...

Just wanted to share some progress weathering Max. Still need to work the zippers and buckles, as well as adding rust effects to the tools and leg brace.

Lots of inspiration in this thread helped to get the ball rolling.

IMG_6948.jpeg

IMG_6949.jpeg

So looking through the thread the general consensus seems to be that the Dark Toys release is the best of the lot?

Have the opportunity to snag one at 175…

So looking through the thread the general consensus seems to be that the Dark Toys release is the best of the lot?

Have the opportunity to snag one at 175…

Pretty much so. It is also the one that is still relatively available for retail. The Premier Toys one is sold out and only available on Ebay for crazy prices. I'm not even sure about Present Toys version, though.

With Dark Toys you get a decent body and two decent head sculpts. The outfit and accessories are good, too.

I really like the Premier Toys leather goods and with the Dark Toys head sculpt(s), makes for a good Max. But I too ended up ordering a Dark Toys version, in addition.

Got Max today it's a pretty decent figure. Definitely needs a lot of work to look better. For the most part it's good for now. Only mod I did as of now is put some padded shorts on him so the thighs fill the pants in a bit more. Hopefully I can have the sculpts and body repainted and once I get the run with SC going we'll have the best Max yet.

Back